Quantcast

Dig dug. My winter dig thread.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
I am allways amazed at the lack of rocks in your trails. I have a 60' long, 5' high and 3' deep retaining wall I built from rocks I have pulled building my jumps, and that doesen't include the rocks I left in the jumps.

My trails aren't as sick as yours and I can't ride like you guys. but we got you beat on one thing, trails sponsered by PBR ;)

click "watch in high quality" or it is horrible...

C_S

Chimp
May 14, 2004
Clovis
So this is where everybody ran off to. Freaking solid work zach. Inspiration for my backyard, albeit on slightly smaller scale.

And dangit if westcoast and roamer aren't looking OLD. Assuring to know that I'm not too old to be playing in the dirt and jumping a bike at 32. Miss riding with those fools for sure.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
you seen brandon lately? i think when he went over the cliff berm he he rolled straight through the biggest patch of oak i ever seen... shirtless
I talked to him 2 days ago and he didn't mention anything about having it. I wish I had pics of that. hahaha

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Trail boss Compton As$ Gabe

OMG thats the raddest pic ever!
He's so angry!!!

Watch your self at felony or Gabe will straight ruin your day!!!

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
Trail boss Compton As$ Gabe

OMG thats the raddest pic ever!
He's so angry!!!

Watch your self at felony or Gabe will straight ruin your day!!!
Haha! I gave Gabe a ride home, he's smart and super chill, much less animated then his massive airs. He also has some nor-cal roots, so we bumped too-$hort the whole way back. We dug the **** out of the 2nd bowl on line to the left. Dude digs as hard as he rides.

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
C_S crawling out of a very deep hole and calling me and the huckler old!!! haha. The Huckler is old- he can barely walk and he's hard of hearing! I'm just balding.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Haha! I gave Gabe a ride home, he's smart and super chill, much less animated then his massive airs. He also has some nor-cal roots, so we bumped too-$hort the whole way back. We dug the **** out of the 2nd bowl on line to the left. Dude digs as hard as he rides.
My boy Clint said you were a hardcore trail boss from back in the day. Said you used to kill it super hard on the bike, and you used to move serious dirt. Talking bout digging a massive hole just so you could have one double or something crazy. Rad.

Tee Buck

Monkey
Nov 7, 2007
NorCal
Fjck yeah! I love too short. Gabe rocks, i would just hate to be on his bad side. He 86ed some pros from hidden before and his reputation spread like wild fire. He rides with no fear! Balls to the wall
Be out there again this weekend?

Mar 27, 2007
LA, CA
My boy Clint said you were a hardcore trail boss from back in the day. Said you used to kill it super hard on the bike, and you used to move serious dirt. Talking bout digging a massive hole just so you could have one double or something crazy. Rad.
This is no lie. That jump Clint was talking about was about 17 ft long, 10 ft wide and about 7 ft tall. I dug 90% of it by myself, riding my bike to the jumps one hour before school started, pretty much every morning my 7th grade year.

Those days were madness.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
This is no lie. That jump Clint was talking about was about 17 ft long, 10 ft wide and about 7 ft tall. I dug 90% of it by myself, riding my bike to the jumps one hour before school started, pretty much every morning my 7th grade year.

Those days were madness.
Nice. You should come kick it with us at Secret while you are back. We will be digging out there everyday it's not dumping rain. Hit me up.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
All of our trails got destroyed by the last storm. We've always known that we needed to tarp our $hit, but we never have enough money to tarp a 100 dubs.
Well we are about to invest in countless tarps after this last storm. Way too much work to repair the damage. Secret, Itchies, Manpon all got destroyed.

Before

After

A rebuild of the first hit at Itchies.

We are blowing our burms up a lot bigger this season at all the schpots.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
yo zach, get some of that construction sheeting instead of tarp. the clear, heavy plastic stuff they use to cover building sites and stuff, floors for painting etc. it's not extremely cheap, but it's way cheaper than tarp. an 8x100ft sheet will set you back $30 or so.
http://www.uline.com/BL_4001/Flat-Poly-Sheeting
Shlt I didn't even think about that.

I think I've got a ton of that stuff somewhere. Thanks for reminder! :D

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Go with the sheeting, we use it at work to cover plants and tree's and such at work. I even made a small greenhouse with it.
Good stuff.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ah, it's cool. Get a new phone. I took the bus to there. It was so good. After going off a rock left and right, I decided to go off then end which was like 10 feet. I landed on a rock just under the snow and put a huge 6x1.5" gouge in board. I made it the second time going faster...

roamingoregon

Monkey
Apr 10, 2004
Wilsonville
All of our trails got destroyed by the last storm. We've always known that we needed to tarp our $hit, but we never have enough money to tarp a 100 dubs.
Well we are about to invest in countless tarps after this last storm. Way too much work to repair the damage. Secret, Itchies, Manpon all got destroyed.
That sucks Zach. Ours weren't quite as bad- but lot's of cracks and separation. So it goes with brand new trails when it rains hard and gets cold. We did not have that happen at the more established locations.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
guys about those clear sheets, the 2-4-6 mil are the different thicknesses correct?

those look great. thanks for the linky grom-dom

grom-dom

Turbo Monkey
Jun 27, 2006
Chapel Thrill
guys about those clear sheets, the 2-4-6 mil are the different thicknesses correct?

those look great. thanks for the linky grom-dom
yeah, those are the different thicknesses. i'd say any could work. 4mm sounds like it'd be best. a tarp can't be much more than that. i need to pick some it up myself. sandy dirt suckssss

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Me, Mikey, Justin, and Timmy Just spent 2 days at digging at the Felony Trails. Had to rebuild the whole first hip and entrance. Now $hit is done proper. No more cheater bltch line. You have to hit the hip proper now. Trannies are dialed. Now only 3 more jumps to go.
$hit is going to be chained up now too.

scag

Monkey
Nov 19, 2004
Sex! First shot looks amazing.

Are you shaving the sides to get them that pure or are you smear packing them? And where are you getting water from? I have had to resort to bringing a 3gallon pump sprayer and using water bottles filled with water that puddles up in the trannies...sux..wish I had a pond near by or something.:disgust:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
Sex! First shot looks amazing.

Are you shaving the sides to get them that pure or are you smear packing them? And where are you getting water from? I have had to resort to bringing a 3gallon pump sprayer and using water bottles filled with water that puddles up in the trannies...sux..wish I had a pond near by or something.:disgust:
Smear packing the sides. Always. That is by far the best way to build jumps.

We have a nice water source 20 feet from the trails, and a large gas powered water pump.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Me, Mikey, Justin, and Timmy Just spent 2 days at digging at the Felony Trails. Had to rebuild the whole first hip and entrance. Now $hit is done proper. No more cheater bltch line. You have to hit the hip proper now. Trannies are dialed. Now only 3 more jumps to go.
$hit is going to be chained up now too.

How the hell can you ride those? They are a work of art!!!!

Very well done, I enjoy reading this thread. Such sick DJ's.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
I'm back to Norcal and We threw down hard today at the trails. The sickest trails in Cali are about to get a lot sicker. New line is about a week away from being finished. We got bomb weather right now, so it should get finished proper.

Norcal Trail Bosses

This lip leeds to the end of the old line.