Quantcast

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Sitting in Italian class, learning how to tell times, and we are told to do a page with circle style clocks on them. (EX; they give you a clock, you write it is X o clock) Now, the clocks have no numbers on them. We are all working and a girl in the front of the class raises her hand to ask the teacher how she knows what time it is. (after about 10 minutes) The teacher is kind of caught off guard, and tells her the clocks are the same as the 1 on the wall. She informs the teacher that we cannot possibly do the assignment because they have no numbers on them, and we wont be able to know. Most of the class is laughing at this point, but the teacher tries again to let her know, the clocks are all the same, but she just cannot get it. Has you life been screwed by the digital clock?

ganglor

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
VA
LOL...

Most kids born these days won't be able to write cursive either.
When I was in elementary school, we were told that we would have to write everything in cursive from then on, or else our teachers would fail us.

In middle school we were told that if we wrote in cursive, they would fail us.

Then in high school I went to take the SAT, and you have to write the pledge in cursive. Sh!t. I think I made up half the letters.

:think:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
When I was in elementary school, we were told that we would have to write everything in cursive from then on, or else our teachers would fail us.

In middle school we were told that if we wrote in cursive, they would fail us.

Then in high school I went to take the SAT, and you have to write the pledge in cursive. Sh!t. I think I made up half the letters.

:think:
LOL... I'm old. :rolleyes:

Write in SAT's? Shoot... when I took the SAT's it was all just little bubbles.
Thank Gawd cuz then I would not have gotten even close to 1400!! My writing skillz are about as good as my spelling!!

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Cursive??? hell I'm 54 and I can't write cursive. If I tied I would have to remember how to make the letters and if I remember back to the parchment days my cursive was darn near illegible. Most girls had great penmanship, most guys had retarded chicken scratches for hand writing.

the girl on the clock test is the one everyone got drunk and laid

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Its clear to me that in New Jersey they missed that it was time to abort Snooki and the rest of the cast of that god forsaken show. Maybe if they COULD read clocks we would have all been spared.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
What about those of us who learned cursive and write in block lettering? my writing is a chicken scratch hybrid.

As for clocks, if you didn't grow up using an analog why would you know how to read it? What really irks me though is when I describe something as 'at your 5' and the person blankly stares at me.

ganglor

Chimp
Sep 3, 2010
VA
LOL... I'm old. :rolleyes:

Write in SAT's? Shoot... when I took the SAT's it was all just little bubbles.
Thank Gawd cuz then I would not have gotten even close to 1400!! My writing skillz are about as good as my spelling!!
Mine was the same, but we had to write out the honor pledge.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
i actually never learned it in school, and i have no clue how to write in it.... i actually cant even read it sadly enough :imstupid: i know.
I have started printing as nobody could read my handwriting. I feel stupid now... Honestly I thought writing was a basic literacy skill like algebra or geometry. I was wrong....