Quantcast

dilemma

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
after spending weeks trying to figure out what frame i wanted i finally made a choice with the rotec rl9. then i emailed rotec and was told there wouldnt be any available until the end of the year. i wasnt planning on building my new rig until right after interbike in about 1 month so im torn. do i wait or pick something else? :huh: :banghead: :bonk: :disgust1:

my other choices were sinister r9, ventana el cuervo, cove shocker, and maybe a morewood izumi.
if you want to recomend a frame keep in mind im 6 foot 200lbs and ride decently smooth and fast.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
Screw that, wait for the RL9! Its worth it. Its such a unique and fun ride, you're going to smile like an idiot for months.

TRUST ME, WAIT FOR IT.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
hahaha i love RM. i just wanted to add that i would consider a pdc 8two5 as another alternative. still trying to make up my mind though

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
morewood, single pivot is fast on the rocks, plus they come with a CCDB i belive
That's one of the wrongest comments I've read on here.
If it's a single pivot with a high pivot with a floater and idler then yes,but the Moorewood isn't really and doesn't have a floater(doesn't need idler due to pivot height).
Only if you're not pedalling or braking on the Moorwood,and even then it's no faster than anything else.
The Rotec sure looks nice,if you're happy with that weight I'd suggest a Brooklyn RL,if you want racier then a Lahar for sure.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
That's one of the wrongest comments I've read on here.
If it's a single pivot with a high pivot with a floater and idler then yes,but the Moorewood isn't really and doesn't have a floater(doesn't need idler due to pivot height).
Only if you're not pedalling or braking on the Moorwood,and even then it's no faster than anything else.
The Rotec sure looks nice,if you're happy with that weight I'd suggest a Brooklyn RL,if you want racier then a Lahar for sure.
rearward arch...:bonk:

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
bmw race link has been my dream frame for a while but seems a lil too expensive. i would love to have one tho. anyone who has one how much did it cost to build it up? seeing as how you already start with cranks, guide etc..

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
my vote goes for a sinister r9.
- hand built in the usa
- super stiff rear end
- can get any shock for it
- can race can huck it does everything
- 73 bb and 135 rear spacing. nice and compact.

Come on don't quite now, there is at least 20 other bikes out there that can be randomly recommended, anyone for a Sunday, there is always someone out there for a Sunday.

I'm pretty sure the Rotecs that will be available this winter are the 08's which are supposed to be at least a half lb lighter. Might want to call and check on that if it helps your delemma.
Enjoy your new bike whatever you get.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I'd wait. How much riding are you really going to do during the winter anyway?