Quantcast

Dimensional Info Needed: Center of Wheel Axle to Derailleur hanger Mount Center.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Hi there, as in the title, would anybody care to know the measurement from center of wheel axle to center of the mount for the derailleur - is there an internatinal and recognised dimension for this?

If anyone could point me into the direction of more information that would be a big help.

Thanks in advance.
Rick

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's is an interesting question. I bet there is a standard because it would throw off shifting if it was not.

But I never heard of one, but I don't build frames.

Ah the many mysteries of bike design. I use rearward an inch and down a half inch from axle to derailleur pivot.

I also have the disc brake iso standard dimensions but you can find that on google if you look enough. I believe thats where I got it from.

Stray_cat

Monkey
Nov 13, 2007
Providence
I tend to use the dimm set by Shimano. I dunno if they're available on the interblag. I'm at home today so I don't have the tech specs with me. SRAM has alot of tech documents available too, so you might be able to dig something up from them. I'll try to post something when I'm back in town...but that won't be until sometime in October.