Quantcast

dinner help

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
nice one lads :disgust:
start with a shrimp cocktail and salad.
maybe steamed crab or baked chicken[jerk].
stay clear of the ass heat from curries:biggrin:
and bro...chocholate for dessert...dark.

if she's flying in from north america you have nothing to worry about

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
So an American chick, I feel for you.

Salad, Grilled chicken, desert, Wine.

I am sure nobody has a good recipe for you.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
So an American chick, I feel for you.

Salad, Grilled chicken, desert, Wine.

I am sure nobody has a good recipe for you.
Not too sure about how one grills chicken in the UK.

Here, in Canuckistan, it's outdoor grills mostly. Not many homes with internal gas grills. In Americastan, there's a lot more gas grills indoor and charcoal [oh how i miss you!] 'ques outdoors.

Electric grill, mebbe?

In any event - 90% of people i know over-cook chicken breasts. Most pro chefs hate the stuff... Not just Anthony Bourdain.

If you want to do something with chicken - Marinate the hell out of it. Brine it, at the very least.

sorry. semi-venting.

4xBoy

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Minneapolis
U.S. women and chicken go hand in hand, yet they all taste like fish,

I will go with nobody on over cooking very few can cook it right, same with pork.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
U.S. women and chicken go hand in hand, yet they all taste like fish,

I will go with nobody on over cooking very few can cook it right, same with pork.
Wouldn't a woman who tastes down there like applewood-smoked bacon be fantastic? mmmmm.

anyway:

Brined and Grilled Chicken Breasts:

Okay, what is easier than grilling a skinless, boneless chicken breast? Mickey D's, that's what. Let's not go there. Literally.

Grilling a tender, juicy and flavorful chicken breast is almost always f'd up. Sans the chicken skin and because of uneven thickness, most folks end up with a dry piece of flavorless meat by the time it’s done [enter my ex-wife.]

Pounding the chicken breast to an even thickness, brining and grilling it over a high, direct heat will solve this problem, honest!

When you buy skinless, boneless chicken breasts they have a tapered shape and attached tenderloin. For grilling purposes it is best to remove the tenderloin since it’s thin shape will cook much too fast to be any good before the rest of the chicken is cooked. These are often sold separately as 'chicken tenders' - they easily separate by hand from the main tit.

To even out the meat, pound it to about 1/2 inch thickness [or, depending on size, whatever looks EVEN THICKNESS.]

This will give the breast a uniform thickness and break up the meat, which will allow the brine to permeate the meat quickly.

To brine the chicken:
Dissolve 1-1/2 tablespoons of genric table salt (or 1/4 cup of kosher salt) with 1/4 cup of sugar in 8 cups of cold water.

This will make enough brine for 4 chicken breasts. If you are making more or less, adjust the amount of brine accordingly [divide by two, multiply by four, whatever.]

The sugar in the brine will caramelize on the surface of the chicken as it cooks, giving it a good, grilled coloring.

To help dissolve the sugar and water you can add it to 1 cup of boiling water, stir until dissolved and add to the remaining water.

Make sure the brine is cool before you add the chicken.

You can brine in a shallow, covered baking dish or a large zip lock bag.

Brine for 30 minutes. It is important that you give the brine enough time to soak in, but that don’t over do it - it's not an over-night sort of marinade you use on beef or pork.

Have your grill completely heated when the brining is done. You will want to take the chicken directly from the brine to the grill.

With the grill hot, put the chicken over the hottest part of the fire. The total cooking time should be about 4 minutes.

Turn the chicken only once and leave the lid off the grill.

You want to cook by direct heat, and only direct heat. Timing is very important because of the short cooking time.

Be careful not to over cook, and you will end up with some amazing chicken tits for any recipe.