Quantcast

Dinotrax

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
have you been?

It's a fat tire fest held near the WY, UT, CO "corner".

If you've ever been in that region, let me know what you thought or discovered. I think I'm headed there Aug 6-9.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Up near Dinosaur National Monument or Park? There's some beautiful desert-canyons and rock formations up around there. It's hot as F though. I went camping up there a few summers ago, probably in mid-late July, and it was around 108*. Not sure about other places but for a front range colorado person that's pretty damn hot.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
well, I don't have to go there for my mini-vacation and am open to suggestions.

If I went there, yes, I'd visit DNM. I've always wanted to hike around the Vermillion Basin nearby.

So, if you were leaving on a Thursday night and returning Monday night, where would you go with the restriction of the drive being no more than 500-600 miles of Denver?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
LordOpie said:
well, I don't have to go there for my mini-vacation and am open to suggestions.

If I went there, yes, I'd visit DNM. I've always wanted to hike around the Vermillion Basin nearby.

So, if you were leaving on a Thursday night and returning Monday night, where would you go with the restriction of the drive being no more than 500-600 miles of Denver?
Have you been to the black canyons in gunnison? That would be another cool place to go, not sure if it'd be what you're looking for or not, lol. There's some camp grounds right around it and well...its like a half hour drive from Crested Butte so its not like riding would be horrible. ;)

DNM would still be a fun trip to go on.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
yup, been to gunnison and CB. Would go again, but am thinking this trip should be someplace new to me.