Quantcast

Dirt Finally pt 6

tuumbaq

Monkey
Jul 5, 2006
Squamish BC
Peat is awesome. Brendan's interview at World Champs was pretty funny.
I actually didnt think so ( no offense dude ) but Im sick and tired of Sam's tough nail attitude making fun of what others are doing...Its call R&D and whether its a good or bad idea its still a effort from a bike manufacturer to come up with a better product.

BTW they're making fun of others but they were both riding a SMALLER bike as well and both got their YOUNG ass served on a plate by the oldest man on the track riding a 10" travel bike.:rofl:

They are both sponsored by Sram which in the near future ,I wouldnt be surprise to see them running the same air spring Peatty was running last year, then who's going to be laughing at them ?:thumb:

They might just be fooling around but its kinda getting an old joke by now, time to man up and admit our sport isnt Moto racing and since our bikes are human powered, there will always gonna be a slight "gay-ness" to it

AWESOME video, good work ,now I just want to ride my bike on dry, loose,dusty **** again...

Last edited:

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I actually didnt think so ( no offense dude ) but Im sick and tired of Sam's tough nail attitude making fun of what others are doing...Its call R&D and whether its a good or bad idea its still a effort from a bike manufacturer to come up with a better product.

BTW they're making fun of others but they were both riding a SMALLER bike as well and both got their YOUNG ass served on a plate by the oldest man on the track riding a 10" travel bike.:rofl:

They are both sponsored by Sram which in the near future ,I wouldnt be surprise to see them running the same air spring Peatty was running last year, then who's going to be laughing at them ?:thumb:

They might just be fooling around but its kinda getting an old joke by now, time to man up and admit our sport isnt Moto racing and since our bikes are human powered, there will always gonna be a slight "gay-ness" to it

AWESOME video, good work ,now I just want to ride my bike on dry, loose,dusty **** again...

I took it a different way. It sounded more like making fun of the track and what people had to do to be fast on it rather that poking fun at the teams themselves.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
who cares, i thought it was two dudes that are friends laughing about some of the **** they saw that weekend. Im glad were finally starting to see a bit more personality from Sam. Also Im not sure if you noticed this but the interviewers seem to always try to start the **** with them. They are just having fun with a bull**** question at the end of the day.

Lets also not forget, who served who what at the end of the day and season, who went home with the overall cup and who didnt. It's racing, there are ups and downs. Sam won a Championship within his first few years of racing pro, against a field of incredibly talented and tough, fast riders. Steve took nearly 15. None of those facts mean ****. Things happen, you win one day, loose another.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003

are/were you one of those home schooled kids? or are you just really really slow ?

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
have you guys no clue?

they are all friends and they are all just goofing around, Sam and the Parkin Bros have been "hassling" each other all season.

Deeeeeep breaths people.... then enjoy the great video.
Sorry, clearly I'm not privy to all the insider knowledge :rolleyes: Sam didn't look too impressed in any case.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
Gee = depressed
Sam = Robot
Peat = Passionate
Minnar = Humble
Hannah = Pissed
Barel = Stoked
Kovarik = Angst
Blenkinsop = Understated
And fairclough = MANIAC. No brakes through the roughest root sections on the track. Hell, in some spots he was pedaling.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Sorry, clearly I'm not privy to all the insider knowledge :rolleyes: Sam didn't look too impressed in any case.
but if you've watched the other parts you can see there just taking the piss. If you've seen any of the other dirttv interviews with Sam you can see there not very serious and very relaxed.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Hmm, what they try and make look like Peat's Worlds finals run is not actually his finals run. He doesn't throw down a pedal stroke in the main rock garden in the one shown there, which he did in the winning run. They tried to pull a fast one on us, I'm too sharp for them though.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
have you guys no clue?

they are all friends and they are all just goofing around, Sam and the Parkin Bros have been "hassling" each other all season.

Deeeeeep breaths people.... then enjoy the great video.
Hehe indeed. I don't think that was either of the Parkin brothers that were hassling Sam though. It sounded like the other guy (Billy?) that helps film for DirtTv.

Last edited:

JCL

Monkey
Aug 31, 2008
Compare Peat's and Minnaar line through the rocks at the WC's....

ZoRo

Turbo Monkey
Sep 28, 2004
MTL
Yeah, Sam + Fairclough commentary... Could have made without it (and Brendan's horrendous Monster cap). Barel, on the other side, always good things to say and always seems happy to be out there riding his bike.

Gunner

Monkey
May 6, 2003
Framingham, MA
Barel, on the other side, always good things to say and always seems happy to be out there riding his bike.
Totaly agree. Barel is the epitome of professionalism and class. Guy is always stoked to be out there riding his bike as his job...as he should be. :thumb: