Quantcast

Dirt Jam Problems

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Hey,
I have a mongoose thunderball, and its working out sweet for me. But there is just this little problem, i run the dirt jam pro forks on them at a high pressure, like about 75 psi so that they are nice and stiff for djing and urban but offer some give when i land. But when i pull up the front wheel, they top out and make a loud "ping" noise which i think is the top out vibrating through the fork and onto the disc.

My question is, is this damaging the fork? And also, would replacing the oil with a higher viscosity oil help solve this problem?

It is a super solid bike and a solid fork but this is really bothering me. Oh, and it still makes that topping out noise when its at a lower air pressure so no, thats not the problem. I think the rebound on it is just much too fast.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Gah!!! Marzocchi made a stuff up on all this years dirt jams with the oil. So i need to take it in for warranty. Bastards!!! They say it will take a week and a half...a week and a half without my bike!?!? :dead:

Apr 14, 2005
pleasanton california
rpk1988 said:
Haha my MZ Comp does that. So I think I am going to buy a Manitou Stance Static to replace it.
if ur gonna waste ur time with any of the stances u might as well lable urself as "IM AND IDIOT" on ur forehead

they are cheap froks waiting to blow il cartridges ands snap

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
One thing. I never ended up buying a Static. I am awaiting all the new 2006 models to by. Second, why are you going to bring up an old thread. And three, dont call me a in idiot until you get some time on here you noob! And learn how to spell.