Quantcast

Dirt Jump Bug bit me!

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
So, anyone know where this crazy white stuff has melted and dried out enough to go hit up some dirt jumps? Fix, Arbor, etc?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I take the lack of response to mean everything is still snow covered.

Are the outdoor skateparks in Denver still snow covered?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
wow, I love people that jump to conclusions.

I have watched this thread to see what conditions are. If there is snow no point in going and digging or riding so I am not going to make the drive.

.thumper.

Chimp
Dec 17, 2005
I take the lack of response to mean everything is still snow covered.

Are the outdoor skateparks in Denver still snow covered?
The last time I saw the Denver skatepark (two days ago), there was still a considerable amount of snow/ice in the east half (street area) of the park. There were a few skaters in the bowls, so those may be rideable.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
I must apologize Mr. Howse...just getting cranky from the snow. Going to Berthoud...braaap! (And I know he dosent dig)
Nowhere near the hours you do anyway......I need to get me a dirt jump shaped bucket so I could just build them like we used to do sand castles :lighten:

I hate not riding :plthumbsdown:

Hmmm, moto Sunday, anyone, berthoud maybe.....

EVILTWIN

Monkey
Mar 9, 2005
the loins of god
FT, what the hell are you doing posting at 4am?? Seems everyones getting moto's. Abby and Ariel from Maverick fame have also aquired the goodness. Needless to say its much like herding kittens. But its sweet when you get a crew to rally with. Is it Sunday yet?

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I drove past arbor two days ago and it looked almost clear. I am thinking about going out today and seeing what it is like. I would much rather go ride the DH bike though.

Haplipe

Monkey
Feb 7, 2006
Arvada
i went to the denver skatepark yesterday and it wasnt bad, there was a little snow in the shadows but when i left there was kids with shovels and brooms taking the snow out so its probably good today.

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Sweet might have to hit the Skatepark after the sun goes down. How long do they keep the lights on this time of year?

Can you tell I am new to the area?:huh:

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
Sweet might have to hit the Skatepark after the sun goes down. How long do they keep the lights on this time of year?

Can you tell I am new to the area?:huh:
Might be sketchy at night - if there's some water draining into the bowls, it'll turn to ice soon's the sun goes down, and that place is slick on a good day.
lights are on til 11 tho, if you want to give it a looksee anyway...
Man I need to get back up there, maybe lunchtime one day this week...

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
Rode the last two nights at the Denver park. One of the bowls had some snow in it and there are a few other small snow spots. It is slick but if you take some time sliding around and you can get the feel for when your bike will slide.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
Ok, definately gonna ride the moto this weekend, thinking berthoud, gimme a shout if you're interested. NEW TIRES WOOHOO!!!

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
There's another race at Berthoud on suday and it's gonna be freezing. We might head out to Berthoud on friday if anyone's down.

I take it there was a rain check on the previous hare scramble? If so, I think I'll go elsewhere, try to avoid the crowds.......Thinking Satuday though

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
We showed around 12:30. I ride bike 414, drive a blue van w/20" rhims. Tryin' to get out again Sun.

You were at Berthoud on Sat? How'd we miss you? We were there from 11:30 until dark......Also, IMI on Thursday (weather permitting) and Berthoud again on Sat......