Quantcast

Dirt jumps in Santa Rosa?

andrewwodell

Chimp
May 27, 2005
Has anyone seen this HUB television program? There is a section of dirt jumps in Santa Rosa; does anyone know where they are? Or at least anything local to SF. Iv moved out here from the east coast and have been looking for a site to hit and help dig. Thanks.

Andrew

http://hubtv.net/media.html

bushwacker

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
Norcal :/
The public, city approved jumps are just North of the Youth community park.
Park by the skatepark, walk up Fulton road about 200 feet, and you'll see the entrance on the same side of the street.

Map

And no, I don't feel bad posting this is public. The rumor is the city wants to shut down the jumps due to under-use, so if anyone wants to come ride here, it's a 'good thing'.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Holy crap that's a five minute ride from my house.

Too bad I can't jump to save my life.

:dead:

Might be time to learn!!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Damn those look nice, What kind of condition are they in right now? are they worth making a trip up to from the south bay?

stratguy1618

Monkey
Apr 18, 2004
The jumps are in good condition, pretty much the same as seen in Hub TV as that was taken like a lil over a month ago, but if your an experienced DJ'er it should be worth it.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Hey any of you guys down to meet me there on either thurs or fri?

I'll prolly bring both my BMX bike and my slalom bike, so let me know when you can be there and we'll shred. That's like a 2 hour drive from SJ, right?

Thanks, let's shred!

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I have to work thursday and friday, I'm a weekend warrior thesse days. (graduating college sucks) I may see what kind of crew I can throw together, for a saturday trip.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I'm still probably going to go tomorrow, Thursday, if anyone wants to meet me there. I leave for Europe early Sat morning, and I'll be there for a year. Hopefully I can get to ride those jumps, they look pretty fun.

GregBik3r

Chimp
Sep 12, 2001
Bay Area, CA
Wow, I live in SR and had no idea that this place was so built.

I've heard about it time and time again, and always figured it was just a few big DJ's by the sound of it.

I'm gonna have to go there now that I'm back on the bike!

enicma

Chimp
Jan 16, 2008
thread resurrection time... I stopped by here today on my way home from a longer ride to check this place out for the first time, thinking since it's close to home I might be able to hit some of those jumps... but jesus, they're huge! I didn't see any tabletops, only gaps, which scare me. There was no one around and it seemed no one had been around for time. The entrance also now says, "please ride bikes on paved paths in the park only." wtf? Anyone ride here ever? I'd love to see some more beginner friendly jumps in the place, but they also spell out no digging in the park. It'd be a shame for a sanctioned dj park to die from underuse, but honestly the place is far from beginner friendly.

:disgust1:

Jan 20, 2008
Santa Rosa
thread resurrection time... I stopped by here today on my way home from a longer ride to check this place out for the first time, thinking since it's close to home I might be able to hit some of those jumps... but jesus, they're huge! I didn't see any tabletops, only gaps, which scare me. There was no one around and it seemed no one had been around for time. The entrance also now says, "please ride bikes on paved paths in the park only." wtf? Anyone ride here ever? I'd love to see some more beginner friendly jumps in the place, but they also spell out no digging in the park. It'd be a shame for a sanctioned dj park to die from underuse, but honestly the place is far from beginner friendly.

:disgust1:

if you did notice the place is pretty run down from people riding there 50's and stuff, and no one ever works on those jumps, also most of them are bmx jumps so the tranny's in between are very very short.