Quantcast

Dirt Jumps?

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
Hey just figured I'd post this, A lot of people are writing about wanting more dirt jumps so I decided I'd post a video of the hoodlums at our local dirt jumps. We usually make a couple trips a month to the jumps, anyone interested in getting some airtime drop me a line and next time were headin we'll message you.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
This is about 2hrs 15min north west of Diablo (catch rt 81 north to Rt 17/ interstate 86 into New York State). I live in a small town called Waverly, it is half way between Corning and Binghamton on the NY and Penn. Border. We have bigger sites than this but they are farther away, we also have another site that is about 1/2 that size that is right here in the valley. The video was taken at our semi-local spot in Binghamton/Johnson City New York.

chatua

Chimp
Jul 3, 2007
:drool: Gimme a sec, need to wipe my keyboard.

Those jumps are the flow. Do you guys hit em on bmx bikes? I'd imagine the guys who built those would be pretty ticked if someone cases.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
we run them on both BMX and Mountain bikes, it's amazing that you can case them without too much damage, they are made from river mud (lots of hauling wheel barrels and buckets) so when they dry it's almost as hard as concrete. I prefer riding them on my downhill bike set up extremely stiff, or my dirt jump hardtail, I am getting too old and delicate to do this type of jumping on the BMX bikes (no suspension, ouch). I do 20" sometimes but when I case/crash/bail it takes me a little longer these days to get back up to speed. Now that downhill season is over, we will be spending a lot more time at the jumps getting ready for next season, XC and Downhill are over for now, it's time for freeride and dirtjump season.

runnin12s

Monkey
May 14, 2007
Waverly, NY
someone just sent me a video of some trails that make our local trails look pathetic, figured I'd pass them on to all of you.

enjoy