Quantcast

dirtjumps around 29palms?

craftyman

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
29palms
Hey. im from washington, im stationed here at 29palms though. Im getting a new bike soon. Wondering about dirtjumps within half an hour to ride near 29palms, yucca, riverside are. Does anyone know any places?
Thanks

craftyman

Chimp
Oct 29, 2002
29palms
ok well if know one knows of any places to ride, freeride trails OR dirtjumps. I guess ill have to build my own. would any one be down to build out here? theres soooo much land. it would be an awesome spot to build some random dj's if we could find a good patch of dirt

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
It would be cool to build a spot back in the hills....You could build some nice trails out there. The terrain is so cool. I've been to joshua tree backpacking for a week and climbing for a weekend. Both times, I was there I wished I had my bike. There are some really cool rock formations there.

Maybe some pics of the area will get some people intereseted.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Don't know of any jumps down there, but you might try asking at the motocross shop near the Bowladium bowling alley (down by the post office...I forget the name...moved out of 29 back in 02). Gorgonio Road, perhaps? Just off Adobe, anyhow. They sell BMX stuff and might have some tips for you...

You can take fun morning or lunchtime rides on the ridgeline above mainside. Ride down towards the hospital and find the gravel road leading up...head back around towards the old BEARMAT shack on the roads/goat trails, etc. There are a few fun little routes and a couple of decent descents. Wish I was there to show you around, because you can get bored and frustrated poking around there, esp. on a big bike.

Big Bear isn't far to drive, up Old Woman Springs Rd. in Yucca Valley to Black Rock rd.; take a left off black rock and hook up with hwy 18 into the mountains. (Startling change of scenery, too, as you head up past the cement plant.) Or just drive into Lucerne Valley and hook up with 18 there.

Palm Springs has riding, but it's very techy XC stuff, really...fun on a trialbike. Not fun on a larger rig.

You should also look at heading down to San Diego, OC, and LA for some riding. Also get the instructions for the convoluted route through Amboy and Cima to Las Vegas, and hit Bootleg Canyon. (which also has some jumps, I think.) I generally left 29 every weekend to ride, and rode the base ridge 2 times a week or so...

MD

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
craftyman said:
Hey. im from washington, im stationed here at 29palms though. Im getting a new bike soon. Wondering about dirtjumps within half an hour to ride near 29palms, yucca, riverside are. Does anyone know any places?
Thanks
Check your PMs...

headkase

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
I will be moving out to 29 palms in June sometime. If there isnt any freeride stuff around, we will build it. Thats what we have to do here in TX anyway......

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
headkase said:
I will be moving out to 29 palms in June sometime. If there isnt any freeride stuff around, we will build it. Thats what we have to do here in TX anyway......
Check your PMs...