Quantcast

Dirty Bird 2 videos and pictures, SHARE!!

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Thought we might as well get this thread going. ill start it off you guys :thumb:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/156063/

It was awesome to see everyone out there, lots of new faces and old ones. Some gnarly crashes as well!
I dont think i have been this sore since my first dh races last season.
Thanks DB crew and everyone who participated and i hope you all enjoy the video :D

Lets see some more stuff guys, some of the preview shots look awesome!!

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Also im sorry to some of the intro and am guys, hard to take video and race at the same time, and sorry to pro women, my camera cut off right before i hit the record button.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Wow. That video puts my run into perspective. I may not have had a fast run, but I had a clean run. :D

To the kid on the Eastern at 1 minute who wrecked, big props. Kid was super polite all weekend long and deserves to do well!

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Thought we might as well get this thread going. ill start it off you guys :thumb:

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/156063/

It was awesome to see everyone out there, lots of new faces and old ones. Some gnarly crashes as well!
I dont think i have been this sore since my first dh races last season.
Thanks DB crew and everyone who participated and i hope you all enjoy the video :D

Lets see some more stuff guys, some of the preview shots look awesome!!
something is wrong with your video. it doesn't play correctly. its all pixelated and funky looking. the other videos on your account play fine but this one you just can't make out anything.

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
something is wrong with your video. it doesn't play correctly. its all pixelated and funky looking. the other videos on your account play fine but this one you just can't make out anything.
Thats strange :think:
When i view it it seems like its smushed a little, not as wide screen as it should be. The video ended up being 1 gig for a 4:30 video. THATS HUGE!!! It was 720p before i uploaded it, pinkbike ruined that. ill try vimeo, never tried it before but we will see. it just took literally a day to upload the video so this sucks if people cant view it:rant:

motomike said:
I'm so glad you got video of Matt Adams taking a shot of Whiskey and shattering the glass behind the podium. Best shot ever.
I saw that bottle and glass being walked around and i figured something was up, I had to prepare myself for it. Best thing was how red his face got like 5 seconds after.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
Thats strange :think:
When i view it it seems like its smushed a little, not as wide screen as it should be. The video ended up being 1 gig for a 4:30 video. THATS HUGE!!! It was 720p before i uploaded it, pinkbike ruined that. ill try vimeo, never tried it before but we will see. it just took literally a day to upload the video so this sucks if people cant view it:rant:
ya I can't imagine it has something to do with my computer. it's a brand new laptop in windows 7. I guess i ought to check it on my old desktop in case there is possibly some driver I don't have for some reason but on this computer the whole video is basically completely scrambled.

hmmm. and for some reason it plays perfectly fine on my ****ty old desktop from 2003. Although it does look like pinkbike messed with the aspect ratio a bit.

I guess I need to start looking for what I'm missing. is your newest video in a different format or anything or come from a different camera. I don't see why the rest of your videos work but not this one.

edit: i went and tried to view the video on the computer in internet explorer and it worked????? I even went and downloaded pretty much every codec out there that had a firefox plugin with it and still nothing. Anyone out there have a clue why its doing this?

Last edited:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
ya I can't imagine it has something to do with my computer. it's a brand new laptop in windows 7. I guess i ought to check it on my old desktop in case there is possibly some driver I don't have for some reason but on this computer the whole video is basically completely scrambled.

hmmm. and for some reason it plays perfectly fine on my ****ty old desktop from 2003. Although it does look like pinkbike messed with the aspect ratio a bit.

I guess I need to start looking for what I'm missing. is your newest video in a different format or anything or come from a different camera. I don't see why the rest of your videos work but not this one.
it's not just you. Played good on my junky work computer & soddy on my decked out laptop at home.

Anybody spot Tuttle flashing the pit board during the pro main? What's the sign say?

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
does no one else have photos?
Calm down Caleb, its a long process with the mass amounts of pictures they take and the editing they do, you just better calm your horses buddy, they will be here, i have faith in the photographers that was out there :thumb:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Calm down Caleb, its a long process with the mass amounts of pictures they take and the editing they do, you just better calm your horses buddy, they will be here, i have faith in the photographers that was out there :thumb:
Photogs are good....usually amateurs with lots of free time to upload boatloads of average to decent quality pics are best. Pros who only dish out a few morsels of their most magnificent (yet not sellable) masterpieces and delete out what they deem to be sub-par stuff and you never get to see....well....they just make me sad.:(

deadlink404

Chimp
Sep 9, 2008
Photogs are good....usually amateurs with lots of free time to upload boatloads of average to decent quality pics are best. Pros who only dish out a few morsels of their most magnificent (yet not sellable) masterpieces and delete out what they deem to be sub-par stuff and you never get to see....well....they just make me sad.:(
Dude i hear you man, some shots might be a complete fail to the photographer but for a simple rider to see themselves in action is gold!

Lets see all pics!

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
I agree...I could have sworn I saw someone with a really nice camera taking shots of the intro/am guys during practice on saturday...any pic of me on my bike is a good pic in my opinion haha

FloridaFish

Chimp
Apr 8, 2009
I agree...I could have sworn I saw someone with a really nice camera taking shots of the intro/am guys during practice on saturday...any pic of me on my bike is a good pic in my opinion haha
I think there were a couple of guys out there, i remember one at the little step down jump before the rock drop, then someone at the banked turn in the grass section, then a guy on the hip jump too.....

anyone know who they are?

sheamus

Chimp
Mar 19, 2008
Athens, GA
I think there were a couple of guys out there, i remember one at the little step down jump before the rock drop, then someone at the banked turn in the grass section, then a guy on the hip jump too.....

anyone know who they are?
I remember seeing someone crouched down at the first hip jump and his flash went off right when I was in mid-air...I hope whoever they are posts their pics b/c my brother failed miserably at trying to take pictures and videos of me at the race haha :D

Last edited:

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Alright, heres
a few morsels of their most magnificent (yet not sellable) masterpieces
Since I don't have
lots of free time to upload boatloads of average to decent quality pics
these will have to do. Sorry it took so long, I up and moved to the UK for a few months right after the race.

There are a few more here: Dirty Bird August 2010 - a set on Flickr
If you've really really had a bad day and it would really help you out to see a crappy photo of you riding your bike, hit me up with your number and kit/bike info (more specific the better), and if I get time I'll see what I've got.

jackalope

Mental acuity - 1%
Jan 9, 2004
in a single wide, cooking meth...
^^

You see Doug, you miss so much when you go fast down the hill. Me, on the other hand, get to enjoy the interaction with Navy Seals and dudes in banana suits. Actually, when that guy jumped out at me, I was in stitches laughing so hard. Reason no. 358 why the Dirty Bird rox.