Quantcast

District 9

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
nigerian scams

i lol'ed

good movie....small problem with one part of it but......better than what is out at the theatres right now.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
FYI for those seeing this......with all the CGI.....this movie was made on a 30 million dollar budget....

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
I thought the story was good but had no idea it would be so depressing. In fact, I don't know what I was expecting from the film but it certainly wasn't what it delivered.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
Ill watch it if it is playing on the t.v. Going to the movies sucks. It is a lot of work to get there. You have to deal with obnoxious fat people chewing with their mouth open and loling. I would rather watch the movie and drink beer on the couch. If it is bad I can always watch something else without the loss money.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I'm halfway through my 3rd download. The first two were bogus. Can't I just have movies that I would never pay to see anyway?

Demomonkey

Monkey
Apr 27, 2005
Auckland New Zealand
Saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. Refreshing to see a new take on SciFi after wasting money on Terminator 4 and Transformers 2. My god those two movies sucked balls in every way.

Art design was killer and the dialogue when Wickers first turns up to start evicting the shrimps was hilarious.

Character development was good: I was willing the scumbag Colonel to get it in the neck bad.

Check it, its good.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
I also saw it yesterday and enjoyed it. One of the better action/sci-fi movies that I have seen recently. A somewhat original story kept it interesting, and there was tons of action/violence/sweet weapons.

BillT

Monkey
I saw on Saturday and really enjoyed. I liked that is done to feel somewhat 'real'...nothign was pretty, nothing was romanticized. Some interesting themes. The only thing I had a problem with was that I found the leads voice to be annoying.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Pissed that they axed Halo and Blomkamp had to expand on one of his short films to finally get his foot in the theaters. His CGI work is amazingly organic and gritty.

I am going to check this out this week.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
I thoroughly enjoyed it. The previews were pretty vague. All they told you is that aliens arrived and were stranded... what now?

The plot was good, with a little romance, a little comedy, but mostly it was a take on the 80's (or was it 90's) moving of District 6 (I think that's the name) and how an entire people were relocated and, as I recall, massacred.

But the story was good. I loved the special effects because there was just enough but not too much, and what there was was REALLY good. I expected to go into the movie hating the aliens, but I actually felt a little sorry for them after a while. I also liked the fact that there were no big-name actors in the film. I love to see up and coming actors hit the silver screen.

Definitely worth it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ill watch it if it is playing on the t.v. Going to the movies sucks. It is a lot of work to get there. You have to deal with obnoxious fat people chewing with their mouth open and loling. I would rather watch the movie and drink beer on the couch. If it is bad I can always watch something else without the loss money.
I'm with you, to a certain extent. Watching movies at home is a lot better now that I have a 61" tv with 7.1 surround (and that I can drink to my hearts content). Also Netflix has made regular home movie watching very affordable. (On average Liz and I go through 8 movies a month, our $18 a month breaks down to $2.25 a movie - and that's on Blu-Ray).

But there is something to be said for the much larger cinema format, and the booming sound system. Its much more engrossing.

BoxDrunken

Chimp
Aug 13, 2009
Great movie, Acting was awesome i thought, I actualy came out in the end toren on who i should be cheering for. I just hope they make enough money so they finish the story.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think I'm going to try at see it at the drive in this week.
I'll feel weird having my 2yr old in the back watching the beginning till she falls asleep though.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I watched it yesterday. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Was a bit hung over at the time so some of the camera work, especially the close ups, made me a little dizzy. The CGI was pretty good, especially for a movie made with 32mil. Enjoyable storyline with a few surprises. Loved how the demeanor of the main character evolved. The weapons kicked ass. Because of some of the gore, it might not be suited for non gamers and kids under 12. Actions scenes were top knotch. I predict a sequel. But hopefully not a trilogy.

Definately worth the matinee price, prolly worth the student/military price, nothing is worth full price.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Very well made movie in all regards, but I don't feel like I would be missing much if I didn't see it. I feel as though they dragged on most of the content far too long, too much time beating the same dead horses. Wont ever watch it again, and if there's a sequel, would definitely screen for more info first.

killsdeer4fun

Monkey
Jan 25, 2009
Clemson, SC
The zero point energy feature that the suit had was one of the best parts, along with the exploding people and the pig picked up with the zero point energy. The people popping never got old. The story line was not what was expected from the commercials, but overall it was a good movie. It was a little depressing, but the story line was very good, and played well off the pilot trailer as seen below.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I thought the movie was killer. I too wondered about a sequel...I guess we'll see.

Good to see something besides the latest hollywood power couple vehicle or whatever crap lucas/spielberg/whoever puts out to make a buck.