Quantcast

Diverse suspension making shocks!!!

Trekrules

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2007
The Downhill racing world has a new shock player in town,Diverse suspension is stepping into the rear shock market.The Shock is called the Dueler and it has:

- High Speed Compression
- Low Speed Compression
- Rebound
- Spring Preload
- Bottom-Out (Air Pressure)

FEATURES:
- PRC, Progressive Ramp Control (Resevoir Volume)
Standard on 9.5x3.0 and 10.5x3.5 Dueler PRC Models
-TITANIUM SPRING

Shock length's available:
8.50'' x 2.50''
8.75'' x 2.75''
9.50'' x 3.00''
10.50'' x 3.50''

Price: $339,95!!!!

http://www.diverse-mfg.com/mtb/duelercoilshock.html
http://www.diverse-mfg.com/images/Dueler_Users_Manual_12_04.pdf

Intense 951 with the new Diverse Dueler shock

Last edited:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
interesting. I wonder if Cane Creek will continue to use them as their Ti Spring supplier.
I wonder if the name Dueler indicates a twin-tube style shock? Crazy prices too......Wow!

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
Cool, USA made. Love to see it.

EDIT: Site only says the springs are made here. Doesn't say squat about the rest of the shock.

Last edited:

Delimeat

Monkey
Feb 3, 2009
Canada
Interesting. The pricing really minimizes teh risk. Is it actually made in the US? It has a very cheap look to it, sort of like a Swinger that was made in Vietnam... Not that how your shock looks should matter one bit! More options.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
Looks interesting only time will tell if its a serious contender. Could do with some work on the asthetics but if it works and has that price tag you can live with it looking homemade. Might make the ccdb drop in price

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
That is indeed Orv's bike. Got to check out the shock once. Felt plush? Couldn't really tell what was going on since all 951's kinda feel weird to me in the back - no support for 2/3 of the travel then they just hit a wall. It did look nice and simple - no fancy looking knobs with obscure names, no weird sizing, doesn't require nitrogen, probably straightforward to rebuild.

OH.....and did anyone mention yet that it appears to INCLUDE A TI SPRING FOR $340??? That right there should pop a whole ton of e-boners.

Edit: $400 for the 9.5" and 10.5" sizes, and those prices only apply to a single springrate for each size (most likely what they happen to have the most of, such as a 350#x3").

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2009
halifax
I wonder if that is the long term price or just a get the word out there in a virus holy crap you can buy a shock and ti spring for $350 sort of way?

I mean if you're in the market for a ti spring its almost a no brainer to spend an extra $100 and get a new shock to play with!

Even if its no good you still get the ti for your regular shock.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
looks awesome, I wonder if they offer valving for specific models, or if the shock has enough adjustment range to compensate

frango

Turbo Monkey
Jun 13, 2007
Very interesting product! It would be really cool to see it working well with lastest bikes and keep similar price point!
I am waiting for Ti spring from DSP, so I will get the teaste of DSP products, soon.
Fadi, thanx again!

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
Would have been nice to see it shorter and fatter rather than skinny and long.
thats what she said...? ouch sorry, i will take a time out.

but I agree with regards to reservoir clearance in a variety of frames.

i does look a bit rougher and not as meticoulously machined as some others but at that price point... damn...

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
Very interesting. Always nice to see another option on the market, especially at a decent price point. The 9.5x3.0 is 444g, pretty light (doesn't include coil weight). It is basically a Manitou Revox in terms of external adjustments (not saying the internals are identical). But at this price point, I would give this a go before I pony up for a Revox.

I too would be interested to know if they offer custom tuning in that price like Elka does. If so, that could easily push me over the edge to try one.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i wonder how much a PITA it would be to fit a shock pump to that valve. the volume adjustment seems to be a tight fit for the schrader valve

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
i wonder how much a PITA it would be to fit a shock pump to that valve. the volume adjustment seems to be a tight fit for the schrader valve
It's basically the same revox-style adjuster knob but just machined out to offer better grip and leverage when turning it.

Fadi and I talked about laser etching or engraving the graphics/decal on the reservoir. The outsource company shot down our wishful thinking bec of the obvious -cost. That would've been hella cool.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It's basically the same revox-style adjuster knob but just machined out to offer better grip and leverage when turning it.

Fadi and I talked about laser etching or engraving the graphics/decal on the reservoir. The outsource company shot down our wishful thinking bec of the obvious -cost. That would've been hella cool.
so will that oversized Fox shock pump screw fit into there? im assuming it will...and im guessing you work for them?

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
so will that oversized Fox shock pump screw fit into there? im assuming it will...and im guessing you work for them?
I would assume. I haven't ran the variant with the new adjuster knob but it doesn't look anything out of the ordinary.

I don't work for DSP. Just love being a test bed for many bike parts. :p

Cabdoctor, you should call DSP and ask for Fadi. If there's enough interest, they may offer more sizes. I need a 7.75x2.25 myself -with gold accents

Cabdoctor

Monkey
Mar 25, 2008
Sacramento
I would assume. I haven't ran the variant with the new adjuster knob but it doesn't look anything out of the ordinary.

I don't work for DSP. Just love being a test bed for many bike parts. :p

Cabdoctor, you should call DSP and ask for Fadi. If there's enough interest, they may offer more sizes. I need a 7.75x2.25 myself -with gold accents
That size would work perfect for me! I have an 8x2.25, but I want to drop the bb and slacken the head tube while keeping the same amount of travel.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
So...are they any good?
It has worked for I want it to do for me. I have been riding two variants of the shock since 2008. I've had it on three bikes, all Intenses. I know for a fact that it made me hate my old Socom a little less when I had it on :p. It's a pretty straight forward shock. Oh and it's all made in Califor-N.I.A. so custom tuning/valving maybe worth an inquiry for those who just have to have it.

Jul 9, 2007
the length of the shock reservoir as was mentioned by others above bugs me.
I'd love to try one of these in the 8.75x2.75 size if I knew the reservoir would fit in my 2007 sx trail. Looking at the photos, I don't see how it could possibly fit though.

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
I figure I'll bring this thread back to life since the promotion they have going ends Feb 1st 2010... So whats the verdict, are these any good? Still seem hard to beat for $399 including a Ti spring!

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Same ID as a Fox DHX for 340$ I'm game to at least try it, if it is teh suck it would still be nice to have as back up in case my DHX decides to take a dump. Ti coil's retail for 200$+ anyway, its kinda a win win, buy a ti coil get a 100$ shock to play with.

Last edited:

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
Seems to be something I would like and be interested in.I love the simplicity as mentioned.

P.s I've been out of the suspension world a while,wat "sizes" up to a 5th element feel and performance wise,I've never been a fox guy,how are the new ones im guessing not like the old rc hopefuly loool ;)

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Looks like the FOAshock in the off road world of trucks and buggies then you look at the race truck FOA (company) has and it had Bilstein Blackhawks on it lol.

Id be leary as I see it being like the FOA good pricepoint but has reliability issues, worn seals and bushings etc... I know that the King shocks have a crap line as well with the prerunner series and the race series. The race are all good internals seals and top end minimal wear items the prerunner is less durabilit hell even the body oxidizes really fast.

Id take it for what it is a very cheap shock that is basic and probably not real impressive longevity. Just my .02

Jul 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
Looks like the FOAshock in the off road world of trucks and buggies then you look at the race truck FOA (company) has and it had Bilstein Blackhawks on it lol.

Id be leary as I see it being like the FOA good pricepoint but has reliability issues, worn seals and bushings etc... I know that the King shocks have a crap line as well with the prerunner series and the race series. The race are all good internals seals and top end minimal wear items the prerunner is less durabilit hell even the body oxidizes really fast.

Id take it for what it is a very cheap shock that is basic and probably not real impressive longevity. Just my .02
is this based on any fact or actual information? or are you just spouting crap based on your 'impressions'?