Quantcast

DIY trail?

drumbum540

Monkey
Mar 24, 2008
Stephens City, VA
Hi, my uncle and I are interested in building or constructing a trail. I have 250 acres to mes around on so space is not a problem. we already have a real good amount of ATV trails. neither of us have experience in building a trail. It has all been done just by riding an ATV through certain spots over and over again. I would think it would take a lot more time to do that on a bike. we have creeks that it would be fun to make jumps over, and plenty of fallen trees to make bridges with. thank you for any recommendations and or help.
-drumbum540

SlapheadMofo

Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
Westminster MA
Maybe you could get a hold of your local mtb advocacy group (not sure, but maybe MORE would be the right place to start http://www.more-mtb.org/)? There might be other riders in your area with trail building experience that would like to help out. That's worked out really well for us in the past.

CHOP

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
Rivermont, Va
Yeah I would try to get your local mountain bike club involved. They will bring manpower, creativity, and backing from IMBA.

BlackHornet

Chimp
Feb 25, 2008
get a fertilize sprayer that goes on the back of a fourwheeler and fill it up with water, we have two of those so i know for a fact they make them. They wont be as big a tank that can go in the back of a truck but its better than hauling 5 gallon buckets back and forth