dj attacked for playing to much "gay music"

vallEbikes

Monkey
Oct 20, 2004
amherst mass
" DJ Beaten For Playing Too Much 'Gay Music'
Newscenter Staff

Posted: August 7, 2005 4:00 pm ET

(London) Andrew Cleeson says he was just playing the music people wanted to hear at a dancehall in Dorset. But, for construction worker Roy Nash there was just too much "gay music" being spun.

When Cleeson started playing the Wham! hit Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Nash, 48, charged the DJ booth, crashing over the turntables and headbutting Cleeson.

The shocked DJ received a broken nose.

Wham! was composed of George Michael, who is gay, and Andrew Ridgeley, who is not.

Cleeson says he was playing a string of hits from the 1970s and 1980s, when Nash first came to the booth to complain about the music being "too gay". But, the DJ says he didn't take the criticism seriously.

When someone asked for the old Michael tune he complied and Nash "went berserk".

In court, Cleeson's attorney, Ian Graham admitted his client "had a lot to drink and alcohol tends to bring out the worst in him."

“He felt aggrieved because he didn’t like the music and reacted in a violent way," Graham told the judge.

“He didn’t go out looking for violence but, having had too much to drink, turned that way.”

Nash pleaded guilty to assault was sentenced to three months in jail."

wow, people are pretty stupid

Aug 2, 2005
The Island
Any dj playing a Wham record at a non retro disco night deserves a beatdown. The story reminds me of that Kid Rock story a few months back when he beat down a dj at a strip club for playing lame music.

rooftest

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
OC, CA
loco said:
:stupid: amen, brutha.
:thumb:

some things just need a response. Honestly, some drunk guy was threatening to kick his ass for playing "gay music", then he decides to play some wham?

(I'm not sure what gay music is, but wham definitely is.)

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
rooftest said:
:thumb:

some things just need a response. Honestly, some drunk guy was threatening to kick his ass for playing "gay music", then he decides to play some wham?

(I'm not sure what gay music is, but wham definitely is.)
Is Yaz gay music?!?! God I hope not..... :(

Andy_B

Monkey
Jul 21, 2004
whereabouts unknown
Senôr Lopez said:
<Snip>
The story reminds me of that Kid Rock story a few months back when he beat down a dj at a strip club for playing lame music.

Almost.... the DJ was bad mouthing Kid Rock, not knowing that Kid Rock was in the club/bar.... I was roaming the streets of Nashville the night it happend.

Chutney

Monkey
Jul 27, 2003
Tacoma, Wa
vallEbikes said:
When Cleeson started playing the Wham! hit Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, Nash, 48, charged the DJ booth, crashing over the turntables and headbutting Cleeson.
I have this unshakable image of Vinnie Jones leaping over the turn tables. jeez...Brits.