Quantcast

DJ MTB questions

Jul 9, 2009
Michigan
Hey guys, just a couple questions. I am looking for a bike to take to Ray's this winter and hit the jumps with my kid. I figure a 26" DJ bike would be a good choice. Forks. Is the DJ 3 a decent enough fork to hold up at least for awhile? I assume it is a coil spring fork? TT lengths/sizing. Short and long. I assume at 5'9" I should do the short. My LBS has an SE DJ flyer. I can get it cheap and it feels really good. They also have a DK asterik. It is a little lighter an seems to be a bit more raked out in the front end. Just build something up like an Azonic steelhead? I am sure this has been beat to death, but thanks for the help.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY

GV1

Chimp
Sep 4, 2009
Im 5'9. Im using a Cannondale Chase 3 2008. Nice little bike tbh. I can throw it around easy enough. The Chase 3 2008 has DJ bombers. I paid £600 (UK Sterling) for my bike. Probably around $1200 ... ish. But, as the forks state (on the sticker) there no good for freeride or downhill.

Last edited:

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
the DJ 3 is one of the better mid-range dirt jumper forks. a lot better than the RST Space that comes stock on a lot of bikes. i think you will like the DJ flyer.... or blackmarket 357/riot for sure....

dust4life

Chimp
May 1, 2008
Southwest CT
i've been beating on a dj3 since '04 with absolutely 0 maintenance and it's still holding up. i didn't bother to pump it up and it was bottoming out something fierce for the first couple years, didn't seem to mind. bullet proof fork for small/medium hits, i've been doing alot of urban 3-4' to flats with the occasional 9 set and its saved my ass on a couple occasions.