Quantcast

DJ tires - selection and PSI

amirh1

Chimp
Jan 3, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
Hi,
I know this question is probably beaten to death, but didn't find anything up to date, so here goes:

I do some DJ with my P.2, nothing too big, only in the park and no urban. I want tires that are good for DJ but won't give me too much trouble (as I don't need to fly 40' in the air, I'm okay with them being a little heavier).

I'm looking at either the Holy Roller, Larsen TT, or Small Block 8. Any opinions? Also, what width should I get?

Also, I weigh about 190lbs so 45-50psi is the way to go, right?

Thanks for the help!!!

Last edited:

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Holly Rollers have always been good to me. Grips pretty well on concrete, hard packed dirt and rolls fairly fast. I'm currently looking into a pair of Schwalbe Table Tops because I've heard nothing but good things about them from the guys I ride with.

amirh1

Chimp
Jan 3, 2009
Sunnyvale, CA
Thanks for the advice!

What would be a good size? Remember I only do DJ at the park, won't take these DH/FR or anything. Is 2.35 too thick? Also, which brand do you recommend?

Thanks.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
26" I love the sb8 in 2.1 I think @ 60 psi, crazy fast and lots of grip on loose over hard pack so for trails I think they are the best tires. (I never ride park)

I am riding 24's right now with k-rads in 2.3, they seem great but there could be better tires I don't know about because I just switched back to the little wheels.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
holly rollers are always good for all around but I like a fatter tire the 2.4s. I have also heard god things about the Intense micro knobbies if you can find them, I just ordered a set of 2.2s. then my buddies swear by k-rads and the Specialized park tires for park urban and riding at Rays

Savage_Animal

Monkey
Feb 3, 2008
Norcal
holly rollers are always good for all around but I like a fatter tire the 2.4s. I have also heard god things about the Intense micro knobbies if you can find them, I just ordered a set of 2.2s. then my buddies swear by k-rads and the Specialized park tires for park urban and riding at Rays
All the tires you just named have pretty much been the worst from my experiance.

quickneonrt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 8, 2003
Staten Island NY
I have had nothing but good luck from Holly rollers and Hookworms. I am trying the Intense because there is so much hype on them and they are always so hard to get so something must be good about them

juanbeegas

Monkey
May 6, 2008
Singapore
Nah mate, not saying that they're bad. They were one of my favourite pairs, they're just hard to find, where I'm from, so I stick to Holly Rollers.