Quantcast

Do I just ask for it?

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Well seeing how everything I own seems 2 break due to mine or others negligence it'd only seem fitting that I'd kill the double.

Wooops. Don't land that upper step down (the newer one) nose heavy.

Good news though went to whistler this weekend and didn't break a thing! Must be some good luck in me.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Yes, but bikes are not made to last forever. I was talking about getting a SOCOM, first thing the shop guy asked was, "How long do you expect it to last." 2 years was my answer.

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
Yes, but bikes are not made to last forever. I was talking about getting a SOCOM, first thing the shop guy asked was, "How long do you expect it to last." 2 years was my answer.
look at the point where it snapped. Most bikes begin to show wear at stress points. That doesn't look like an everyday stress point to me.

I don't care what you're doing on it.... a bike should NOT split in half... if anything it should CRACK. That is a dangerous break and I'm glad the rider wasn't too badly hurt.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
well on the bright side...we know transitions welds are SUPER strong. I mean the frame snapped just above the welds, thats amazing.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle
Just went and picked up a bottle rocket and top frame. Always a happy camper. Now to build and ride.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I feel bad, I forgot to hit it faster when you were following me. Talking about a break cheak was not the best advice either ....

Any bike would have snaped on that, your not supposed to nose case a 28 foot gap jump.

Glad to here they hooked you up with a new bike. How was whistler, we are heading up this weekend. Any word on Siverroxx in two weeks? I think we are leaving thursday night and coming back sunday.

Gex

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2004
Seattle

Hmmm tasty.... Gonna go break her in real nice.

TOP will be built up with the pike,mtx's,micro drive set up off the p bike later this week.

Def thinking about taking the bottle rocket and demo up 2 whistler this weekend. Have to see how the funds pan out. Bikes and this last weekend at whistler were pricey.

Ill be at sst tomorrow though. Revenge is sweet.

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I feel bad, I forgot to hit it faster when you were following me. Talking about a break cheak was not the best advice either ....

Any bike would have snaped on that, your not supposed to nose case a 28 foot gap jump.

Glad to here they hooked you up with a new bike. How was whistler, we are heading up this weekend. Any word on Siverroxx in two weeks? I think we are leaving thursday night and coming back sunday.
Silverroxx in 2 weeks? Race, is that the weekend of July 8th. I have no race scheduled that weekened. Let me know.

pink46

Chimp
May 28, 2006
spokane
look at the point where it snapped. Most bikes begin to show wear at stress points. That doesn't look like an everyday stress point to me.

I don't care what you're doing on it.... a bike should NOT split in half... if anything it should CRACK. That is a dangerous break and I'm glad the rider wasn't too badly hurt.
Bikes are meant to take abuse, but lets face it they are not indestructable. honestly bikes breaking around the headtube area is common, especially BMX bikes. coming up short on a 28 ft. jump is not just a small impact. I mean they are designed to take abuse, but there is always a limit on how much something can take...regardless I am glad to see that transition hooked ben up with a new bike and everything is fine now