Quantcast

Do you guys find...

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
...that despite having your bikes already built up, you keep looking at mailorder sites and buy and sell forums??? You might not need anything but just feel compelled to 'see' what's for sale somewhere?

Example: For me, I'm just waiting on my rims and I'm done. Although lately I've been thinking of getting rid of my rear shock to get another one that has 0.25" of extra stroke to get a bit more travel. Maybe it's just boredom. It's disgusting!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by ChrisRobin
...that despite having your bikes already built up, you keep looking at mailorder sites and buy and sell forums??? You might not need anything but just feel compelled to 'see' what's for sale somewhere?

Example: For me, I'm just waiting on my rims and I'm done. Although lately I've been thinking of getting rid of my rear shock to get another one that has 0.25" of extra stroke to get a bit more travel. Maybe it's just boredom. It's disgusting!
Same here. I look all the time...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I browse B&S type forums all the time. You never know when you're going to run across a screaming deal, or something you might not think of needing.

I'm buying something right now that I wouldn't have thought of needing/wanting, but it's there, and it's a good price, so I'm buying it.

Fulton

Monkey
Nov 9, 2001
Originally posted by binary visions
I browse B&S type forums all the time. You never know when you're going to run across a screaming deal, or something you might not think of needing.
exactly, alot of times you can find kick ass deals, that shouldn't be passed up

math2014

wannabe curb dropper
Sep 2, 2003
I want to move to BC!!!
I tell you its an epidemic.

I got my SX on January 16th. Since then i am looking for wheels. My new wheelset is still at the LBS waiting for spokes, and i am already looking at buying 2 more bikes!!!! A road bike and a heavy DH/FR bike (Banshee).

Damn. I wont settle... i am always looking for new stuff... luckily...i can have them now without asking parents... (the old days)... its good to be a working man :D:D:D:D

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Fulton
how are those googles workin out??:D :D
They are awesome! They got second place in their first DH race on my face :D

And I did still have money in my account when I bought those.... I think it was when I wrote my rent check out of the wrong account that I went wrong......

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
mtb is a never-ending spending spree. alot like harley owners, mtb'ers are constantly looking to upgrade/customize. or at least i am