do you have a tattoo?

do you have a tattoo?

• Total voters

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
just read an article about a doctor who's come up w/ a new tattoo ink which makes removal much easier and cheaper than conventional methods.

one of the stats was that of people between 25-35, half of them have a tattoo (25% of overall population does). damn, that seems high.

hence this totally unscientific poll.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I do, I'd have more but mountainbiking consumes all spare income.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Got one... and I barely made it on the scale for age (35).

I actually would have more, but my skin hates me...

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
I gave myself one a few months ago. It's a peace sign, but looks more like a steering wheel. I had a broken pelvis, endless PBR, a thumbtack and a Bic. There's not much that can't and won't get done with that combination.

It's fading out, only a small red blob remains, but it's been about 4 months. In hindsite, homemade tat's are awesome, but ya gotta do it right. Safety pins work much better, and I hear shaving the, uh, canvas, and cleaning it, is important.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i am constantly amazed by the stupid tattoos i see people getting. the more interesting question is, does anyone have a tat that they regret? if so, pictures are mandatory.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I had one on my thumbnail, but it grew out about 18 years ago. My brother owns Tattoo DeVille in Vegas (used to own Staircase Tattoo in Santa Cruz) and has done a few that I designed, but I have none on skin. Nor do I plan to get any.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm going to guess that tattoo removal is going to be a profitable business in the future. See Jorviks threads if you have any questions.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I'm a little outside that age bracket, but I got my first one a year and a half ago. Custom design I came up with.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I would, but I don't.

If I did, I would go the sleeve route. Random tatoos upon someones arms bugs the sh!t out of me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I'm going to guess that tattoo removal is going to be a profitable business in the future. See Jorviks threads if you have any questions.
and in case anyone doesn't feel like looking up those threads, the cliffs notes are that tattooing your penis is a bad idea under all circumstances.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I used to tattoo for a living. I know a bunch of other artists as well. One dude I know had these two guys who made a bet with another dude for $500 each that they would get lightning bolts tattooed on their penises. They kept bugging him to do it and finally he told them he would for $250 each. He took little Mason jars, placed them over the testicles and pulled the peckers down and taped them around the base of the jar. (The skin has to be stretched or the needle won't penetrate) It took him 15 minutes for each one. Everyone got their money. The two lunkheads said it was definitely NOT worth it.

One time I tattooed vines right around this cute girls poonanny. She got excited. Talk about distracting.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
None and none planned. I do however see this guy (I'd guess around 25) riding his bike around town that has his face all tat'd up. Some sort of weird tribal thing. I'm sure that he won't regret doing that when he is 50 years old and living in a box down by the river because McDonanlds won't even hire him....

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I have three, regret none of them, and plan on doing a large upper back piece sometime next fall/winter. I :cupidarrow: my tattoos! Even the one on my ribs that took 3 hours and did all in one sitting! Talk about ouch! One of the other artists in the shop bet I couldn't take it in one sitting so I had to prove him wrong!

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My son got "Tuk Life" across his stomach ala TuPac (It's even in old english letters). Tuk is his nickname, stands for Tall Uncoordinated Kid because he's 6'5" and a not real graceful on the dance floor.

He also has a marshmallow roasting on a stick. I'll see if I can find that one somewhere.

Marshmallow:

It's placed so you see it when he is warming his hangs at a campfire.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I used to tattoo for a living.

One time I tattooed vines right around this cute girls poonanny. She got excited. Talk about distracting.
I used to work in a shop as well, and have bunches of similar stories!

it is amazing what alcohol assists a person in asking for in the tattoo shop...

Drunk guy "HEY... YEAH...."
me "can I help you?"
DG "YEaH... I WANT A DUCK"
Me "A duck?"
Him "yeah you know a duck"
Me "what kinda duck?"
Him (Irate as hell that I would ask what kind of duck) "YOU KNOW LIKE A BASS OR PIKE"
Me chuckling... "Oh I thought you wanted a Mallard"
Him "YOU'RE FVCKING NUTS... Are you serious? That aint a DUCK" and stormed out... the whole exchange took a few minutes cause it took the guy so long to form the thoughts and even longer to spit them out!
the guy I was working on needed a few minutes to regain composure so I could finish his piece!:rofl:

Yes I have a few Tattoos.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I used to work in a shop as well, and have bunches of similar stories!

it is amazing what alcohol assists a person in asking for in the tattoo shop...

Drunk guy "HEY... YEAH...."
me "can I help you?"
DG "YEaH... I WANT A DUCK"
Me "A duck?"
Him "yeah you know a duck"
Me "what kinda duck?"
Him (Irate as hell that I would ask what kind of duck) "YOU KNOW LIKE A BASS OR PIKE"
Me chuckling... "Oh I thought you wanted a Mallard"
Him "YOU'RE FVCKING NUTS... Are you serious? That aint a DUCK" and stormed out... the whole exchange took a few minutes cause it took the guy so long to form the thoughts and even longer to spit them out!
the guy I was working on needed a few minutes to regain composure so I could finish his piece!:rofl:

Yes I have a few Tattoos.
I think this is my favorite post ever.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
I've got one, it's not even a year old. I want more but don't have the money. I think I am getting a new one really soon, not the one I want the most, which is going to take more money and time, but one I want, none the less.