Quantcast

Do you hear that sucking noise from the east?

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Can you legislate a healthy lifestyle? Maybe they should teach Americans that eating too much of that sh!t will make our asses big...

Health Czar Warns Fast-Food Joints to Shape Up
Thu May 8, 3:16 PM ET
By Randy Fabi

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Fast food joints may soon get singled out by U.S. health czar Tommy Thompson if they don't shape up and stop feeding the country's obesity problem.

U.S. Health and Human Services (news - web sites) Secretary Tommy Thompson on Thursday said public pressure may do far more than lawsuits and legislation to curb the junk food explosion that costs the government $117 billion each year in obesity-related health care costs.

'I'm going to start giving out awards and singling out ones that are doing good and the ones that aren't,' he told reporters at a food policy conference. 'If I get in trouble, I get in trouble.'

Thompson specified PepsiCo Inc., Coca-Cola Co., McDonald's, Wendy's and Taco Bell as companies that could offer consumers healthier options and promote more sensible diets.

MORE....

slein

Monkey
Jul 21, 2002
CANADA
its about time something was done about the problem. now, if they could only make sugar-free yogurt....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Originally posted by slein
its about time something was done about the problem. now, if they could only make sugar-free yogurt....
okie dokie sleinfeld :)

The problem with trying to make McD's healthy is then no one would eat it. I don't eat it that often, but when I do, I'm craving fat and salt :D