Quantcast

do you know.......

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Originally posted by Merwin5_10
That's correct.
oh well I heard that Hope was putting custom writing on the rotors....is anyone else offering this? I think it would be cool to have a little message on my rotors. D

strakos

Official RM Complainer
Sep 10, 2001
3rd rock from the sun
I think you can´t because Hope rotors are thicker than hayes.

Ya, it´s pretty nice to have your name or something else written on the disk, but I think it would suck, you would loose A LOT of braking surface.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
The Hope rotors come in 165mm 6 1/2 , 185mm 7 1/2, 205mm 8 1/16 for DH which are odd ball sizes since Hayes runs 6" & 8" rotors. I have a custom one for my bike so does Acadian:thumb:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Damn! that's the sh!t...I will have to find out who does it for hayes.
I know there's someone out there, maybe a Euro-company or something. D

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Has a company that makes presission sheet metal and he told me about a guy who lazer cuts any thing out of stainless or most metals I have not really asked him how much they cost but I don`t think they are that much more than the hopeless ( you are save now you don`t have to buy hopes to get the custom rotors :p :p )

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
That would be like Jessica Beil getting naked in front of me and not letting me have any fun:crying: :love: :love: :love: :wink: Acadian you have to go to your room for 5 minutes for doing such a bad thing ,BTW the rotors are stainless and I will look into getting some trick ones made :cool: :cool:

G

gravity

that looks maaaad!! wonder if anyone does that for XT discs.....

Ranger

Swift, Silent, Deadly!
Aug 16, 2001
Y'all can't see me...
Servus!

I'm still looking for custom/aftermarket stuff for Magura Julie. All I've found is titanium rotors from a local producer (most expensive, tho!:( ).

Love the dig on the XT discs..... come on Acadian, they're not THAT bad. You could ride Avid Mechanicals or Hayes cable-actuated, for example.....