Votes: 13 27.7%
  • NO

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
Well do you? I am curious how many people like their job, or don't like their job. I was just thinking if people choose their professions because they like them or just because they are stuck there?!

Your rating should reflect your whole view of the job, not just the people or the pay or whatever, just the whole experience.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
NO! Sales sucks. Long hours, bullshyt customers and bosses that expect you to work 60 hours a week.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I like my job. I mean, it's nothing exciting and sure there are other things I'd rather be doing, but I enjoy going into work every day and it pays good. :)

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
I put that I like my Job less often than I would like. I enjoy the people I work directly with, and I like bikes.. But I can't deal with the management. This years new plans to further the company are making me earn about 10k less than last year. Stupid commission.
I would love to find another job, but the areas that I would like to be involved in are tough to get into. Photography, video work creative stuff. All tough stuff. Plus I am committed to bills for my house... Maybe I should go back to school.. I guess I should narrow down my specific goals first.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Squeak said:
I think I dont like all jobs.
this is true. my help desk job back in school was awesome tho: we were overstaffed so had little to do, i got to play around with shiny new macs and leave the unclean pcs for others, and free pizza (courtesy of the psych department, not that they approved of us eating it ;)) on tuesdays...

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
You canNOT have everything you want. Ever. :rolleyes:

I'm making about 1/3 less working here than the other job I was offered when I accepted this one. But I knew the environment here would be FAR MORE ENJOYABLE and far more flexible than the other job.

So, other than my compensation package, I'm happy. I learned a few years ago that money doesn't make me happy and no amount of it can keep me in an unhappy job for too long.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Mostly yes, sometimes no. I'm on the lowest rung of the ladder, which sucks. I have to do a lot of the bitch work, but that's what you get when you're just starting out. I work fairly long hours, which can get pretty frustrating sometimes.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Motionboy2 said:
I put that I like my Job less often than I would like. I enjoy the people I work directly with, and I like bikes.. But I can't deal with the management. This years new plans to further the company are making me earn about 10k less than last year. Stupid commission.
I would love to find another job, but the areas that I would like to be involved in are tough to get into. Photography, video work creative stuff. All tough stuff. Plus I am committed to bills for my house... Maybe I should go back to school.. I guess I should narrow down my specific goals first.
I think you should continue doing what you're doing... working for this company and getting your name out there for photo and video. Over time, people will just call you to shoot something. I saw your name the other day, I think TrailCentral and thought, "damn, Josh is getting around." Just keep plugging away at your hobby until it starts earning you a decent amount on a consistent basis... which should only be a couple years at the most.

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
LordOpie said:
I think you should continue doing what you're doing... working for this company and getting your name out there for photo and video. Over time, people will just call you to shoot something. I saw your name the other day, I think TrailCentral and thought, "damn, Josh is getting around." Just keep plugging away at your hobby until it starts earning you a decent amount on a consistent basis... which should only be a couple years at the most.
Yeah, I have been doing that. I have been thinking about doing the "low man on the totem pole" thing for some newspaper or something. Who knows. I feel like I should get in on the ground floor now.. Rather than wait to be discovered..

For now I will keep investing in real estate to make some extra $$$

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I really like the people I work with and the company, but the task at hand is getting really old. I'm hoping that I can find something else within the company.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
There are days I actually wish they would lay me off. I don't know what I would do financially if they canned me... but I would be happier...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
MMike said:
Would you hunt or gather your new bike?

Damned hippy.... yeah you heard me...
Nope but i'd use my bike to venture off in the woods and spear me unwitting hairy infidel canadians. :sneaky:

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
LOVE IT... granted at times things get a bit annoiying - but that is why it's called "job".

I do sh*t I could never could have imagined...

lonewolfe

Monkey
Nov 14, 2002
Bay Area
Hey, I'm in sales too! You only work 60 hours a week? I thought living to work was what it's all about.

Yeah, sales seems to be a never ending treadmill at times. Like, most of the time.

It makes it hard to find enough time to ride my bike. I never thought I'd be a weekend warrior but.......

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Most of the time yes. I like the people, the work (most of the time) its the politics and corp 'restructuring' that takes away the fun.