Do you put on Deodorant before a ride

• No, I sweat like a Pig!

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Yes, I want to smell like flowers

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

splat

Nam I am
I was meeting a group for a ride, and in the lot and one of the guys was getting ready I saw him put on deodorant. when I go out to ride , I plan on sweating and and sweating a lot ! deodorant is not something I think about , now after the Ride yes, but not before.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Depends on the ride, if the ride is long enough to where I'm going to smell myself 3/4 the way in then yes, otherwise, No. And never a shower before hand

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
deodorant ≠ antiperspirant

edit: that being said, i sweat like a philipino whore so i use a stick that does both. deodorant after a ride is funny

Last edited:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
surely you must be joking.....

I have gone 19 days on backpacking trips into the desert and not done anything more than brush my teeth....granted I looked like Charles Manson and smelled Like a 2 week old dead deer afterwards

but worry about a little stank from a ride. never

Hell even my wife wouldn't put on deodorant pre ride

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Funny. I expect to get all funky when riding my bike. Not seeing the point of putting on deodorant until after the post-ride shower. Buddy and I invited a shop rat to go on a ride with us once and his response was "Yeah I'd take the Stinky out and ride with you guys but I haven't showered today." :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Cologne??? before a ride??? Are you sure it isn't perfume, and are you sure that thing between your legs actually goes in instead of out???
Sarcasm called and said it wants whatever was sent to you, back. Clearly there was a receiving issue.

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Depends. If it is going to be a long ride and my pads, pack, etc smell then I try and keep the stink down as much as possible. I've been behind stinky riders before and I don't want to do that to someone else.

MarkDH

Monkey
Sep 23, 2004
Scotland
Stinking is half the fun of riding! Who's never said 'Aww man, *sniff sniff*, aww sh!t, you've got to smell these pads'? You know it's gonna stank but you do it anyway. :)

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
I started to recently because I kept smelling a pretty foul funk, but couldn't figure out what it was from. Then realized it was the shoulder straps on my camelbak where they go up under my pits. I had to wash the camelbak multiple times to get the stench out, so now I do try to remember to put some on before I go for a ride, because that was pretty nasty.

clarkenstein

Monkey
Nov 28, 2008
my pits can ruin a small village, so sometimes i'll throw some anti-pit-smell-stuff on pre-ride if its one of those mornings where i am particularly pungent. it can be so bad that people have smelt me pre-race standing around in the pack and have commented. even while riding behind me they have picked up the scent and said something.

as i have gotten older, its calmed down quite a bit.

but i still smellz like perfection.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Not wearing any deodorant can motivate people to ride harder. If the Smelly Hippy is in the lead, Most people will do what they can to pass him.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Clearly you missed the sarcasm from my end. But then again, as you have been so gracefully demonstrating lately, you're about as dumb as me.
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Last edited:

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
HECK no...

Most of our rides are early in the morning so I roll outa bed, drink some coffee, maybe eat a banana and go!! Even if we are riding later in the day I won't put on deodorant. All that flower/perfume smell is like applying on anti-"off". In other words it is like ringing the dinner bell for any bug in a 100 yard/meter radius.