Quantcast

Do yourself a favor: race in New Mexico.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Seriously, if you've never been to Angel Fire you really should go. The place is SUPER FUN, the racing is competetive, the surroundings are beautiful. One of the World Cup rounds was held there last year, and the racing will take place on all the World Cup tracks, including the WC designed mountain cross course.

If you're driving from the West Coast out to the US Open, just leave a little early and hit this joint up on the way. People from Tejas and Arkansas already know what I'm talking about! And of course, there'll be a strong contingent of people from Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, and Utah racing, riding, and generally having a good time. Get on it!

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Full Trucker said:
You should think about going anyways... for one single reason:

South Boundary.
What is it? Can I do it and not race?

Yeah, I'm fast, but only if there's beer at the end will I truely win.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
I cant wait! So I heard a couple different things about the 4x track while at Darner's this weekend. Did they tear the World Cup track down? Or are they altering it slightly? Or is it the same?

-Chris

Beast

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Where the riding is good
AusRottenVirus said:
I cant wait! So I heard a couple different things about the 4x track while at Darner's this weekend. Did they tear the World Cup track down? Or are they altering it slightly? Or is it the same?

-Chris
It will be the world cup 4x course with the first straight modified, as well as the last jump.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Beast said:
It will be the world cup 4x course with the first straight modified, as well as the last jump.
Well I can tell you guys that after my first successful (or rather unsuccessful since I got knocked out after the first race) 4x experience is making me definitely want to give it a go down at Angelfire. :D

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
Beast said:
Sweet. I hope they don't totally change the last jump, I really have put a ton of thought into hitting it the way it was at the World Cup. Thanks Beast.
-Chris

ride_fast

Monkey
Jul 10, 2005
boulder, co
Beast said:
I hope they dont change that last straight. I remember they changed it for the worldcup so i think a lot more people could hit it now compared to last years MSC race.

ride_fast said:
I hope they dont change that last straight. I remember they changed it for the worldcup so i think a lot more people could hit it now compared to last years MSC race.
That last straight during the MSC last year was absolutly teriffying, I had no thoughts about trying it the way it was, especially that early in the season, the concequences just didn't seem worth it to me, especially after watching Milan pack it on them.

Sep 9, 2004
Littleton, CO
ride_fast said:
I second that. Just as long as I get to follow you into it:) !

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
So I thought I'd dig up this thread and ask how feasible it is to race both the 4X and DH...I know the schedule doesn't conflict but am I putting myself at a disadvantage at both by racing both? This year is my 4X debut and I guess I'm kinda worried about it.

doc gravity

Monkey
Oct 25, 2004
highlands ranch, CO
My two little guys raced both last year, my first year will be this year. The schedule is favorable for practicing on friday, and the Saturday schedule isn't that bad. The way things are set up this year, there's only 2 hours of pracrtice on Saturday and no Sunday pre-reace practice. The boys did'nt seem to be tired out for the DH last year, it is a haul walking up that 4X course!! The shuttle during the race is the scariest part of the weekend. Scott

BRIANBUELL

Monkey
Nov 17, 2005
Boulder, Colorado
For sure, doing both makes the weekend totally worth it. It also just mixes things up and if you don't hurt yourself doing one or another it deffinitly helps your riding.