Quantcast

does anyone know about this bike ?

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Jeep® Rubicon™ - All Wheel Drive
The new Jeep® Rubicon™ Classic AWD Mountain Bikes are the first of their kind in the world. Designed to tackle the toughest terrain, the Rubicon™ Classic has all the great advantages that are associated with any Jeep vehicle, on, or off the road.

Stunning looks and unparalleled performace are just some of the great features of the only AWD Mountain bike on the market.

Frorider1

Monkey
Apr 28, 2006
Giant rider has to be a current monkey the set up another name and is trying to mess with everyone...he has to be.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
If you climb a lot in sandy conditions, the 2wd is supposed to be pretty kickass.

altix

Monkey
Feb 14, 2007
im sure it works.......but lets see here....santa cruz, turner, giant, specialized, iron horse, intense....EVERYONE ELSE has never done anything like this. maybeee because it doesnt work???? iv never riden one, it just looks sketch

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
im sure it works.......but lets see here....santa cruz, turner, giant, specialized, iron horse, intense....EVERYONE ELSE has never done anything like this. maybeee because it doesnt work???? iv never riden one, it just looks sketch

It's a Christini XC bike. I got to test ride one a few times over the last few years, they work especially well in loose soil/sand climbs where the rear end is spinning out on a normal bike.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
The real question is...why would you want so many turning parts in hidden compartments when your going to be getting muddy anyways?

I saw this on the Military tech show on the history channel (the bike...) and they talk about it being so great and the first of its kind. It sounds like an ad to me, I wonder how much Jeep paid them to say that BS about the bike, were there are thousands of other bikes that would likely handle better just because of their components.

V-Dub GTI

Monkey
Jun 11, 2006
blah!
The real question is...why would you want so many turning parts in hidden compartments when your going to be getting muddy anyways?

I saw this on the Military tech show on the history channel (the bike...) and they talk about it being so great and the first of its kind. It sounds like an ad to me, I wonder how much Jeep paid them to say that BS about the bike, were there are thousands of other bikes that would likely handle better just because of their components.
I saw that same show. complete BS!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.

Well, you clearly haven't ridden one, or understand the advantages. Christini is licensing the design to moto companies as well as bike companies, including Honda who are using it in a race program.

The Jeep build may suck, but the Christini system is fantastic for an XC bike.

Apparently the technology has benefits for downhill as well, by delivering power when the front wheel starts to stall and wash out in a turn, but so far I have only seen short and medium travel bikes from them. It is handy as hell in their moto applications, and I can see it working int he bike, theoretically.

remdog

Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
Durango
yea.... um........
:imstupid:

thats all i gotta say cause it seems like bad componets, lots of extra spinning parts and lots of unwanted weight to haul up

SnowboardinWA

Monkey
Feb 23, 2007
Tacoma, WA
I agree with you. I think a bike company should NEVER do anything that hasn't been done yet. I mean, the 6" travel bike was built back in the 1800's, right? Carbon Fiber parts have been around since the dinosuars. NO, I mean NO!!! shouldbuild a better bike!!!!! DAMMIT!!

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
While I do agree with some of the posts here it's pretty ignorant to say that this bike is junk and won't work for anyone. Although it may not be ideal for a downhill bike I can see it working for certain XC conditions, where I started riding was mostly coarse deep sand, I got strong and learned to keep momentum and minimize changes in direction in the softest sand but I'd always dreamed of owning a Hanebrink Monster Bike so I could float over the sand rather than plow thorugh it. If I still lived in that area I'd have something with 3.0" (or wider) tires or 2wd no questions asked, even if it were heavier or less reliable it might mean that riding would be enjoyable.

Rob Munro

Monkey
Jul 22, 2005
I think its pretty cool. I doubt they will sell very many, but I like the idea. This statement seems a bit strange though...

When rear traction is lost, you can engage the system and add the power to the front wheel.

You'd have to be pretty damn quick to slip on some roots and engage the front wheel fast enough to save you. Why not just leave it engaged all the time?

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Its a neat system. I remember talking to one of the Christini guys a while back about it too, I told them to go longer travel and they said they were doing the opposite for whatever reason.

The bike is heavier then a similarly built 1WD offering due to the drive-train. It seems to be the best 2WD offering available. I'd still love to try one!

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Well, you clearly haven't ridden one, or understand the advantages. Christini is licensing the design to moto companies as well as bike companies, including Honda who are using it in a race program.

The Jeep build may suck, but the Christini system is fantastic for an XC bike.

Apparently the technology has benefits for downhill as well, by delivering power when the front wheel starts to stall and wash out in a turn, but so far I have only seen short and medium travel bikes from them. It is handy as hell in their moto applications, and I can see it working int he bike, theoretically.

Thats true, I havent ridden one. But for the Jeep models (what we're talking about) I think its a pointless waste of money no matter what conditions your in. There are methods to make your bike handle well in all conditions, it just requires a few changes (like letting out air in your tires for snow, thats what I did when we got 5 inches, I rode my DH bike around town). The Christini may be good, but I havent seen it so I cant say anything. And since this was posted in the DH forum, im assuming the intent of the potential buyer is for DH.

For DH I say...stupid. For XC, I say, there are probly better choices...but if your conditions really require it and you have the dough...sure why not.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Bumping this old ass thread, I would still like to try one as I just learned about it yesterday. (I'm almost 22, and just got into MTB in feb 2017). Now adays with fat bikes being more popular and easy to find, this system is not needed. But I still really wanna try one.

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
Well, this was probably 15 years ago now, so it's hard to say anything definitive. It seemed more like a circus bike, ie - "wow, that traction is amazing, but I don't know what I'd actually do with it". It felt amazing climbing in a straight line, but as soon as you turned (pedaling) it felt weird.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Gotcha, I thought it was a newer version. I can see it being weird to turn with AWD. Its pulling you along instead of being pushed around. I suppose it would take some getting used too. Eventually i'll get to Demo one haha. Thank you for the input!

djjohnr

Turbo Monkey
Apr 21, 2002
Northern California
I used to throw raves on beaches, and would have to haul large systems a long distance over sand. An AWD E-Fat bike with a fat trailer would have been priceless for that, but I don't know what else I'd do with that stuff.