Quantcast

does anyone know

DEMOmy8

Chimp
May 4, 2008
how the guy that fell on phantom is doing? I hope he has a quick recovery and can get back on the mountain

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Looked really bad, man....

When his front wheel went off the Pantom drop he hit his rear brake, i was right there and heard it.... front dropped and fell head first.... Terrible fall, i didn't need to see it.... now, after seeing that fall i'm considering getting a leatt brace....

It can happen to anyone.... when the medics got there he had a Huge bump in his chest as well..... it was terrible, and i wish him and his family the best!

The Youngsters that thought it was a joke are just pain ole Jerks... Rob and i moved and blocked the phantom drop with a picnic table(closed it) and some a-holes were pissed off that someone was down in the middle of the trail....

We all know phantom drop is an easy no brainer drops, but crashing is part of this sport and the "no brainers" are the places where people get really badly hurt... Tara Llanes crashed in a place where she considered a no brainer.... but sh!t happens...

Getting a Leatt brace, soon for me, i don;t know about you youngsters, but breaking my neck or getting badly hurt is not my idea of FUN....

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
WhoRyder, big props for stepping up and closing the drop to help the guy out. It's always nice to see riders doing what they should and helping other riders out. In a way I guess it's a good thing that it did happen on Phantom (as opposed to any other drop) so the poor bastard didn't have to get taken down a bumpy fire road, but just that same best of luck to him & his family. Phantom has always concerned me a bit because it really does seem like such a "no brainer", as WhoRyder put it, especially because you see so many people hitting it from the lift and base. But I have seen a lot of people who probably shouldn't be riding it go for it and I always felt a bad fall off it was bound to happen at some point.

Well again, best of luck to the guy and if anyone does get in contact with people in the know, as usual everyone on the board would like to know how he's doing and wish him luck.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
I saw him laying there too, he wasn't moving much, I didn't see the crash, but it looked like it hurt.

ROBSNUTZ

Chimp
May 4, 2008
The guy that took the nasty spill on the deck is my roommate.
His name is Dan, mine is Rob
First off he is doing fine, very sore nothing broken though. Nothing some whiskey and perks can't take care of. Thank you to every one that helped out and to the Diablo staff. It was the first time he attempted the drop and as he says not the last. It was great to see everyone so willing to help, much appreciated. Furthermore if anyone has any pics or vid of the crash Dan is very interested in seeing what happened. Please contact me. ROBS_NUTZ@YAHOO.COM
Dan only has one wish, that Diablo stay open later on the weekends
PLEASE ok thats my wish
Opening day was sick thanks DIABLO and CREW
New bridges/trails are sweet, more are welcome

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Awesome news!

A> that he is ok!!

B> that he is not deterred.

Thanks to the conscientious riders who assisted and set a great example!

bmxracer62

Monkey
Feb 11, 2008
that is freakin cool man, thanks for the update. and that beyond awesome that he want to try it again!props bro!:happydance:

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
Getting a Leatt brace, soon for me, i don;t know about you youngsters, but breaking my neck or getting badly hurt is not my idea of FUN....
Now i won't be the only one getting weird looks at Diablo because I wear a leatt. I'm a trend setter?

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Now i won't be the only one getting weird looks at Diablo because I wear a leatt. I'm a trend setter?
I hope so, unfortunately those braces are soo expensive. The cheapest I can find them for is $350. I know my neck is worth a bit more than $350 but still...

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
I hope so, unfortunately those braces are soo expensive. The cheapest I can find them for is $350. I know my neck is worth a bit more than $350 but still...
I'm reading great reviews on the EVS Revolution Braces themselves (159.99) (they are to be released in June of 2008!

I have children and a wife @ home, and me getting badly hurt will not only effect my life, it'll effect theirs as well.. Better safe than sorry!

c.o.d51

Monkey
Oct 5, 2005
The guy that took the nasty spill on the deck is my roommate.
His name is Dan, mine is Rob
First off he is doing fine, very sore nothing broken though. Nothing some whiskey and perks can't take care of. Thank you to every one that helped out and to the Diablo staff. It was the first time he attempted the drop and as he says not the last. It was great to see everyone so willing to help, much appreciated. Furthermore if anyone has any pics or vid of the crash Dan is very interested in seeing what happened. Please contact me. ROBS_NUTZ@YAHOO.COM
Dan only has one wish, that Diablo stay open later on the weekends
PLEASE ok thats my wish
Opening day was sick thanks DIABLO and CREW
New bridges/trails are sweet, more are welcome
So glad to hear he's doing fine. That was one of, if not the nastiest crash I've ever seen. I was standing up top with Dave when he went off, yikes.

I'm still appalled that some riders seem ticked off when I told them that there was a rider down and they couldn't hit the drop, especially after Dave and I moved the picnic table. Ridiculous. Oh well, I'm really just glad to hear that Dan is alright.

Feb 29, 2008
I'm reading great reviews on the EVS Revolution Braces themselves (159.99) (they are to be released in June of 2008!

I have children and a wife @ home, and me getting badly hurt will not only effect my life, it'll effect theirs as well.. Better safe than sorry!
I'm in the same boat. For $159 I'm definitely going to grab one of those. Is anyone taking pre-orders?