Quantcast

Does anyone not dent their Demo downtube?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Had a Demo 7 dented it really good.

Just rode my new Demo 8 and already 3 small pings.

It doesn't detract from the function, but gawd is it annoying.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Not sure about the Demo but every single DH bike I have owned had dents on the downtube after my first weekend of riding.

It could just be a plattekill thing in my situation

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I put a Go-Ride downtube gaurd on all my bikes before I even ride them. They are only about $25.

Here is an older pic, but if you look you can see the gaurd.

Last edited:

Biffff

Monkey
Jan 10, 2006
My local trails have an abundance of rock, and my new Demo 8 also has some nice paint chips and one ding. My Faith also has a good ding on the downtube. I chalk it up to two things: Awesome tech rocky trails and going fast as hell. I like to keep my bikes looking nice but **** happens....if something happens on the trail I'm ok with it. Scars from shuttle trucks make me sick though.

CountryBoy

Monkey
Nov 10, 2008
Reno, NV
I put 3M clear car bra on the downtube of my demo 8 and so far looks to be working great. My demo 7 that I rode for 2 years at Northstar 30+ times only had paint chips no dents.

KevinR86

Chimp
Aug 13, 2006
Williamsburg VA
after 3 years of heavy riding at snowshoe my demo 9 has a bunch of scratches, but no dents that i can see (through the mud from shuttles last weekend). i do however have some nice dents in my shins from my comp 16s throwing up everything in their path!

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I put a hole in my demo8 downtube back when I had one. Partly my fault for doing runs way too late one afternoon (read: night), and partly specialized's for feeling it was neccessary to make all their frames look 8 months pregnant.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
i fell off road to nowhere at diablo and put a golfball size dent into the side, looking for pics but dont know if i have any