Quantcast

Does this embaress Seattle Freeriders?

allsk8sno

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Bellingham, WA
that was posted along time ago in the bmx forum, but i never noticed the ground sloping down on the landing...its not as impressive now...still nuts but i have seen skateboarders go from afew feet less than that to flat...nuts

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
greenhood said:
Maybe this is why the majority of guys that have been riding bmx for 15 years think urban mountain bikers are goons...
You maybe think that a lot of the people riding freeride/urban came from a BMX background? Maybe they just decidied they like the big bikes better for whatever reason?
BTW, whenever the BMX vs MTB comes up people can point to examples of both that seemingly one-ups the other. Niether is better than the other.
From a guy that rode BMX from 5 to 17 and again from 23-27. That collectively adds up to over 15...

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
PS, people that do that type of stuff with out at least a helmet are dumb. They are second only to Mags/Online "e-zines" that publish pictures/vidoes of them doing it with out a helmet.
I hope he never learns how dumb that is.

hungryleprican

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
ndub
Thats just insane
when I first saw that I thought it was to flat
even if someone with pads did that, it would still be pretty crazy

SeaPig

Monkey
Sep 20, 2005
Seattle
greenhood said:
Can you imagine what this guy could do on a full sus? Maybe we should leave the crazy urban riding to the bmxers as God intended...

That's big no matter what you ride.

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I wasent embaressed, I was impressed. I would serously like to know were that is, I might be able to hit it on my dully. I bet its even bigger in person tough, have to see how the trainny looks. Anyone know were it is please P.M. me.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dirtmover said:
Isn't that off of Eastlake ave by Zymogenetics? Crazy BMXer
yes.

the landing is not as large as you think. and the runnout is very short and leads to a death pit. go check it out sometime...

Liquid10

Monkey
Nov 25, 2004
Bellingham, WA
That landing looked like it would hurt, especially on a BMX! Props to that guy for doing the jump though. I probably wouldn't even do that on a DH bike, landing on pavement scares me.

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Why should this embarass Seattle riders? Jimmy Levan is from the mid west and he traveled all the way out here to ride. Stand up and be proud. If he doesn't want to wear pads and a helmet, that's his choice not yours!

Mtbike

Monkey
Jul 28, 2004
Indiana
It's not about the pads or helmet. It's the fact that he hit a gap on a bmx bike that most freeriders wouldn't hit without at least 8 inches of travel.

So I was wondering if there is any Seattle Freeriders, since the drop/gap is in Seattle, would/should step up, go ridgid and replicate that stunt?