Quantcast

dom 3 race course is....

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Domination 4?

Thanks guys! We figured we would change-it-up a bit. It was a group effort, but credit goes to the newest trail crew member, dh course prodigy, Ritchie Sizemore for the course layout.

Good luck everyone and thanks Ritchie!

Last edited:

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
Yea, I guess I need to take back the rake and shovel picture from the other thread. Super fun "track" all around. Thanks!

How bout' some gnar rocks for Dom 5?

Terrier

Chimp
Sep 11, 2007
the best course diablo has ever had!

I personally thought the course was obtrusive. It disrupted RTN, Dom's Denial, Flume, and the Phantom drop...not to mention the countless other trails that were closed due to the courses random lines down the mountain.

Also...I thought the new section at the tail end was so soft from all the rain and upheaval of trees that even pedaling at full speed felt like you were sinking.

This is the first time that I can recall the only way to get down the mountain (other than CROSSING the course were fire roads or the Domboo trail since Alpine was closed all day).

Sorry if I'm ranting, but I'm a little pissed that emails were sent stating the indy X course would be open this weekend...when in reality it's not even finished. It just abruptly stops. Then when I get to the park all my favorite trails are blocked off.

The best line all day was Tempest to Waterboy...to Frogpond(?)...then you had to take the ski slope down to the bottom.

my $.02...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
ok first off there are a few ways you could have gotten down, second cry alpine was closed. despite what you think alpine was worse then you think. oh it is inconvenient to duck under a piece of tape while riding my bgike down a hill boohoo....(i believe there was also a sighn that said those trails were closed..) you were alowed to ride the race course or cross it if needed, noone was stoping you. yeah the course was a bit muddy, and soft, its called making trails when it is raining..... with the amount of rain that we got why would you want to ruin indy x. if you have such big and good ideas for a bike park well hell you go right ahead and make one! this is what i mean when people complain and say they hate diablo... yet they want to ride it so bad. people like you disgust me. eat me for it.

also were you poching indy x? if so that delays it even more. it hasnt been finished for a reason due to all of the rain.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
second cry alpine was closed. despite what you think alpine was worse then you think.this is what i mean when people complain and say they hate diablo.

also were you poching indy x? if so that delays it even more. it hasnt been finished for a reason due to all of the rain.
1-alpine was not bad, i walked most of it and it didnt seem bad at all
2-i dont remember that guy saying he hates diablo...maybe you should read before opening you mouth
3-a email went out on 9/11 saying indy x will be open, not saying that "its almost done" or "because of the rain that hasnt hit nj yet, it wont be done."

thank you

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
1-alpine was not bad, i walked most of it and it didnt seem bad at all
2-i dont remember that guy saying he hates diablo...maybe you should read before opening you mouth
3-a email went out on 9/11 saying indy x will be open, not saying that "its almost done" or "because of the rain that hasnt hit nj yet, it wont be done."

thank you
yeah... alpine was horrible. maybe not for you, but have 50 people ride down it and it will bw worse. and yes i under stand that the email went out i dot it too, but like i said fresh trail like that wont hold up with all that rain.

Terrier

Chimp
Sep 11, 2007
ok first off there are a few ways you could have gotten down, second cry alpine was closed. despite what you think alpine was worse then you think. oh it is inconvenient to duck under a piece of tape while riding my bgike down a hill boohoo....(i believe there was also a sighn that said those trails were closed..) you were alowed to ride the race course or cross it if needed, noone was stoping you. yeah the course was a bit muddy, and soft, its called making trails when it is raining..... with the amount of rain that we got why would you want to ruin indy x. if you have such big and good ideas for a bike park well hell you go right ahead and make one! this is what i mean when people complain and say they hate diablo... yet they want to ride it so bad. people like you disgust me. eat me for it.

I thought you had to be 12 years old to post to this forum...
Idiots like like YOU are giving Diablo a bad rep.
I'm sure you're all hopped up on red bull poppin' your zits while spewing your mindless thread replies.

Let's get something straight.
1. I do love riding Diablo...that's why I have a season pass and support the place.
2. I NEVER poached the Indy X course. I happened to see it was unfinished when I was riding the "groomed ski run" to the right side of it (because it was basically the only way down).

3. Don't send emails inviting riders to check out the new course if you know all along that it won't even be finished! That's a bit deceptive...

4. Can you remember a course that interrupted so many lines down the mountain?

5. In lieu of all the rain, the crew should have opted for a previous course that would stand up to the weather better. Why place all the resources cutting a new trail when you know it would be more efficient using an area that is completely hardpacked already?

6. Since Alpine was closed, and you took the "fire road" down to the new step up, you would have seen that ALL ways down were blocked due to the course except for the ski run to the right.

7. Usually during race practice, non racers stay off the course, It's very simple. If you are racing, do you want newbies slowing you down? or worse, putting someone at risk of getting hurt?

8. Why didn't anyone have race plates?
probably because Diablo knew that the course was the only way down the mountain, and it was their way of making the best of a lousy situation.

Lastly...like I said earlier....you're an idiot...

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
1. When we sent the weekly Diablo email, there was every intention of having IndyCross open and the weather forecast (at that time) was only calling for a 30% chance of showers with no measurable precip. We don't have any control over the weather, the forecast was wrong and we received over an inch of rain... This is the reason IndyCross is closed. There was nothing deceptive about it and trail closures at bike parks and ski resorts are quite common and could change at any time (based on weather).

2. The same applies for Alpine, which is another sensitive trail. While to an untrained eye, the trail may have appeared "OK", the trail had some sections that needed work. There were quite a few unstable areas, as well as some areas that could have been a safety issue due to the recent rains. Safety comes first, is it really such a big deal that Alpine is closed for 2 days out of nearly 120? Trail closures in 2008 have been to a minimum.

Terrier

Chimp
Sep 11, 2007
1. When we sent the weekly Diablo email, there was every intention of having IndyCross open and the weather forecast (at that time) was only calling for a 30% chance of showers with no measurable precip. We don't have any control over the weather, the forecast was wrong and we received over an inch of rain... This is the reason IndyCross is closed. There was nothing deceptive about it and trail closures at bike parks and ski resorts are quite common and could change at any time (based on weather).

2. The same applies for Alpine, which is another sensitive trail. While to an untrained eye, the trail may have appeared "OK", the trail had some sections that needed work. There were quite a few unstable areas, as well as some areas that could have been a safety issue due to the recent rains. Safety comes first, is it really such a big deal that Alpine is closed for 2 days out of nearly 120? Trail closures in 2008 have been to a minimum.

I understand that trails need to be closed due to weather conditions.
I don't even LIKE riding Alpine. I brought the issue up because if you continued to the new step up, ALL the ways down the mountain were blocked for the course.

I believe the email was sent Thursday night. On Friday afternoon it was pretty evident that the course would not be finished.
Perhaps a follow up email should have been sent Friday night?
Again, I really didn't care about the course, other than it would have allowed a pretty cool continous line to the bottom.
I was upset more because of RTN, Dom's, Flume, and Phantom lines were all off limits.

I agree...safety is #1. That's why I brought up the point that non racers usually aren't allowed on the course, or expected to cross the course on numerous occasions to get down the mountain.

Just so Diablo knows, I'm not some ranting punk @ss kid bitchin' about Alpine this and Alpine that....

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
I thought you had to be 12 years old to post to this forum...
Idiots like like YOU are giving Diablo a bad rep.
I'm sure you're all hopped up on red bull poppin' your zits while spewing your mindless thread replies.

Let's get something straight.
1. I do love riding Diablo...that's why I have a season pass and support the place.
2. I NEVER poached the Indy X course. I happened to see it was unfinished when I was riding the "groomed ski run" to the right side of it (because it was basically the only way down).

3. Don't send emails inviting riders to check out the new course if you know all along that it won't even be finished! That's a bit deceptive...

4. Can you remember a course that interrupted so many lines down the mountain?

5. In lieu of all the rain, the crew should have opted for a previous course that would stand up to the weather better. Why place all the resources cutting a new trail when you know it would be more efficient using an area that is completely hardpacked already?

6. Since Alpine was closed, and you took the "fire road" down to the new step up, you would have seen that ALL ways down were blocked due to the course except for the ski run to the right.

7. Usually during race practice, non racers stay off the course, It's very simple. If you are racing, do you want newbies slowing you down? or worse, putting someone at risk of getting hurt?

8. Why didn't anyone have race plates?
probably because Diablo knew that the course was the only way down the mountain, and it was their way of making the best of a lousy situation.

Lastly...like I said earlier....you're an idiot...
rep given.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
I understand that trails need to be closed due to weather conditions.
I don't even LIKE riding Alpine. I brought the issue up because if you continued to the new step up, ALL the ways down the mountain were blocked for the course.

I believe the email was sent Thursday night. On Friday afternoon it was pretty evident that the course would not be finished.
Perhaps a follow up email should have been sent Friday night?
Again, I really didn't care about the course, other than it would have allowed a pretty cool continous line to the bottom.
I was upset more because of RTN, Dom's, Flume, and Phantom lines were all off limits.

I agree...safety is #1. That's why I brought up the point that non racers usually aren't allowed on the course, or expected to cross the course on numerous occasions to get down the mountain.

Just so Diablo knows, I'm not some ranting punk @ss kid bitchin' about Alpine this and Alpine that....

why not ride the front side of the mountain? theres plenty of trails all you had to do is get a trail map and you would be ok.

also what about tempest? you could have done the tempest drop.

and what do you mean the big step up was closed for the race? the race course wasnt even by the step up.

Belfskins

Monkey
Jun 2, 2008
dirty jerz
i didnt race but god damn im pissed that i didnt. was the greatest course i have ridden at diablo. you guys should build more smooth flowy trails like that

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Tufino has been Absent from Diablo for too LONG.....

Too Much drama occurs when i leave... I'll be back to diablo Full Force next weekend....

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Willing to bet that any of those Small Asian guys can kick your a$$ any day!....

You're 100% right... Tufino ain't cool... But he sure loves riding his bike..... something that say, 75% of you guys have lost focus on, instead of riding you go on forums and cry, whine etc.. C'mon, seasons not even over yet, i would understand if it were Feb. But damn....

Diablo, Keep up the great work!

Diablo Has rock Starts as lifties!

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Willing to bet that any of those Small Asian guys can kick your a$$ any day!....

You're 100% right... Tufino ain't cool... But he sure loves riding his bike..... something that say, 75% of you guys have lost focus on, instead of riding you go on forums and cry, whine etc.. C'mon, seasons not even over yet, i would understand if it were Feb. But damn....

Diablo, Keep up the great work!

Diablo Has rock Starts as lifties!

hes gone actuly :(

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
unfourtanetly I wasn't able to race due to a dislocated shoulder. But I walked the course all day with a friend and took pics. (which will be posted tomorrow) just from looking at it all day made me jealous. It was def. Diablo's best race course. It was nice to have a race that wasn't overly technical. That section by flume was sick too. Is that going to stay? And what are you guys doingwith flume?

Last edited: