Quantcast

dom #3 race times... very weird...

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
im kinda questioning the race times for the dom 3 race.

it seems like every ones time in the AM class was either in the .00-.10 or .94-.99.

check it out. seems very weird. never seen anything like it.

edit: same with the AM jrs, AM women, intro SR, intro jr and intro women. but the pro times seem like they are ok.

im not complaining that i lost, im just bringing this up.

http://diablofreeridepark.com/images/pdf/08DOMINATIONROUND3.pdf

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
I was just going to keep my complaint about this race on my personal website but since you brought it up.....Yes, the pro classes were impacted too.

I raced the pro women's class, we go off in order of number plates. We go off in 1 min time gaps. I, #85, passed the girl in front of me (#84) because she flatted and she never finished. I come across the line. A little less than a minute later, #86 finishes, after me in the correct start order. The timing system however, says that my time was 4:38 The girl that finished AFTER me and DID NOT PASS ME won with a time of 3:12. I protested it, because rider #86 would have HAD to physically pass me in order for my time to be right, but I was told that the "tapes are right", despite the fact that all three riders involved (the DNF, myself and the girl that never passed me) all told the promoter what occured. Seemed like a very simple problem that occured, but since the "tapes never lie" I suppose we are all liars because no matter what the system cannot fail, right?

So you are right, the timing was off that day for whatever reason, at least in my case, the system did not account for "ghost" riders. For $80 to race, when I have a season pass, well, I'm done doing the Diablo races...Not that I'm winning these things but for $80 to race a paying customer should at least get an accurate time, or at least a refund when the product being payed for is obviously defective. I asked for such a refund or comped entry into race #4 and did not recieve, so not racing there anymore is all I can do, but the freeriding will continue :happydance:

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
FYI...

Timing for this race has been double-checked, tripled checked and verified as accurate. Alicia, please check-within yourself for the slow time that you received. Blaming the promoter is is the easy way out and some people need to realize, as much as it may hurt, that your time is slow, because you did not post a fast result. Take responsibility for your riding ability and your actions.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
I was just going to keep my complaint about this race on my personal website but since you brought it up.....Yes, the pro classes were impacted too.

I raced the pro women's class, we go off in order of number plates. We go off in 1 min time gaps. I, #85, passed the girl in front of me (#84) because she flatted and she never finished. I come across the line. A little less than a minute later, #86 finishes, after me in the correct start order. The timing system however, says that my time was 4:38 The girl that finished AFTER me and DID NOT PASS ME won with a time of 3:12. I protested it, because rider #86 would have HAD to physically pass me in order for my time to be right, but I was told that the "tapes are right", despite the fact that all three riders involved (the DNF, myself and the girl that never passed me) all told the promoter what occured. Seemed like a very simple problem that occured, but since the "tapes never lie" I suppose we are all liars because no matter what the system cannot fail, right?

So you are right, the timing was off that day for whatever reason, at least in my case, the system did not account for "ghost" riders. For $80 to race, when I have a season pass, well, I'm done doing the Diablo races...Not that I'm winning these things but for $80 to race a paying customer should at least get an accurate time, or at least a refund when the product being payed for is obviously defective. I asked for such a refund or comped entry into race #4 and did not recieve, so not racing there anymore is all I can do, but the freeriding will continue :happydance:
What a lame excuse not to race anymore.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007

Alicia your not the only one that's stop racing it. In 5 years, who's going to even care who won or participated in a Downhill race? It's supposed to be for fun and to push your own limits against the clock, and when you feel like your even being jipt(excuse spelling) on the times, race entrys become a waste of money. Be like me...who pretends they are fast.

edwal

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Alicia, makes sense to me that if you weren't passed, you couldn't have been beat by over a minute. Check out your past race times, too, not so far off. i've thought in the past that some times were fishy....

Diablo, getting a little defensive there, eh?

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
FYI...

Timing for this race has been double-checked, tripled checked and verified as accurate. Alicia, please check-within yourself for the slow time that you received. Blaming the promoter is is the easy way out and some people need to realize, as much as it may hurt, that your time is slow, because you did not post a fast result. Take responsibility for your riding ability and your actions.

Explain how she's lying if she didn't get passed & the other girls in her class agreed on that.

fortenndu

Turbo Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
Boone, NC
Diablo messed up one of my times by 25 seconds. I got a flat near the end of a course and pretty much gave up but left my timer running and my diablo time was around 25 seconds faster then the time on my timer. It happens at every mountain at almost every race, get over it.

edwal

Chimp
May 27, 2008
Then why bother racing if your time is messed up? that's lame. Get over it? then why should i pay if it's not accurate.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
One more time....

Race times from Domination Series #3 are verified as accurate as well as all of our other races. We take pride in offering a top-notch series with high-end prizes and a notorious smooth operation.

Are there sometimes errors? Yes, but not very often. If you feel that there is an error with your race time, we will be glad to double check and verify the accuracy. If there is an error, it is usually very easy to spot, easy to diagnose, and easy to correct and re-issue the correct time or offer a rerun.

They keyword is "if". If there is no error evident, then there is no re-run or time correction awarded. We do not issue re-runs or adjust times simply because a rider emphatically states "there is no way that is my time". The timing system, and supplemental back-up system are extremely accurate and we base results on the facts, not gut feelings, or claims.... or hunches.... or past results....

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
I had a wierd incident last year with the timing - basically I caught the guy ahead of me and was wheel-to-wheel with him, but not in the traditional sense - as we crossed the finish, my front wheel was directly next to his rear - so I can see how that would screw up the timing.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of info on my part and a miscommunication with one of the people doing the timing, I decided not to take a re-run. The guy I caught got 1st and I got 15th.

Bascially: Keep tabs on what you see on the board - if something doesn't look right regarding your time, just request a re-run and state you case - like Diablo said. The crew and race officials are pretty accomodating in that respect. During that same race some other riders took re-runs as well. I think it was Dom. #1 last year if I rememebr correctly - kinda rainy but not too wet.

Lesson learned for next time.

Last edited:

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Sean... c'mon now...

Remember all that advice I gave you in those 2 really big PM's last year?

Well - it's good to see that I had a positive impact.

:rolleyes:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
shoulda hit the brakes CK!

I had a wierd incident last year with the timing - basically I caught the guy ahead of me and was wheel-to-wheel with him, but not in the traditional sense - as we crossed the finish, my front wheel was directly next to his rear - so I can see how that would screw up the timing.

Unfortunately, due to a lack of info on my part and a miscommunication with one of the people doing the timing, I decided not to take a re-run. The guy I caught got 1st and I got 15th.

Bascially: Keep tabs on what you see on the board - if something doesn't look right regarding your time, just request a re-run and state you case - like Diablo said. The crew and race officials are pretty accomodating in that respect. During that same race some other riders took re-runs as well. I think it was Dom. #1 last year if I rememebr correctly - kinda rainy but not too wet.

Lesson learned for next time.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
LOL...

I do that enough as it is.

:biggrin:

(I was goin' for some good ol' BMX-style wheel-to-wheel action anyway - catching the guy in front of you is blood in the water... just makes you want to pedal that much harder)

Last edited:

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
Alicia your not the only one that's stop racing it. In 5 years, who's going to even care who won or participated in a Downhill race? It's supposed to be for fun and to push your own limits against the clock, and when you feel like your even being jipt(excuse spelling) on the times, race entrys become a waste of money. Be like me...who pretends they are fast.
You are right on this, and this is exactly my point: For ME, racing is paying for timed runs, a nice taped off course with no one in the way (well hopefully!) so you can let all hell break loose! I know my DH racing time is limited, I'm 31 and hope to have some little ones in a few years, so I want to get the most of my time racing now while I have it. I know I'm not the fastest racer out there, but racing pushes me to do stuff I wouldn't otherwise do

...on that note...

to the guy who wrote this: "What a lame excuse not to race anymore."

I'm not "done racing". Just at Diablo. I've been doing races at other venues that I am totally confident about. I've never had any problems at the other various venues, even when I come in last (there are some fast and very experienced chicks out there!). I will continue to race and push my limits elsewhere. As you can see per the responses by the Diablo Promotoer here, why give a guy money that refuses to consider the statements of myself and two other respectable women regarding a simple situation, essentially calling us all liars? I could round up other people at the finish line that saw the finishing order as well but why bother. It's the principal of the matter. I'll keep giving him money to freeride there though, the place is too fun and too close to home. I have no complaints about the staff and trail crew, or the trails, they are fantastic! Diablo is an excellent freeride park, no doubt about it.

My intent in sharing my Dom #3 race timing error experience is not to piss on anyone, but to share my recent expereince in a factual manner, per the thread's request for feedback.

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
FYI...

wow....just wow :plthumbsdown:

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
on that note...

As you can see per the responses by the Diablo Promotoer here, why give a guy money that refuses to consider the statements of myself and two other respectable women regarding a simple situation, essentially calling us all liars?
Refused to consider? Way to spin this!!!! Unbelievable.. We spent nearly a 1/2 hour speaking with you, another hour researching the timing and we completely considered everything you had to say... The end result in your timing dispute, albeit the accurate and correct one, was not too your liking, so you spin this to be our fault.

Have you stopped and considered that we checked every option, your time was accurate and the other racers just simply beat you? We even checked with the course marshalls and some replied that you were "Slower, much slower, than the other pro women riders".

So, as promoter, do we just "take your word for it" because you "think" your run was better? Or do look at the facts and trust not one, but two very reliable computer based timing programs and the personal accounts of at least 4 race operations staff?

If you are going to air your dirty laundry on a public message board, and attempt to smear our race series, you should at least come to the table without false info and exagerations. :plthumbsdown:

Last edited:

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
what is up with you guys and dissing giablo, and yet you still ride here! "diablo sucks bla bla i hate diablo bla bla bla" then "heading up to diablo cant wait any one else going?" im not trying to start something just stating my thoughts

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
what is up with you guys and dissing giablo, and yet you still ride here! "diablo sucks bla bla i hate diablo bla bla bla" then "heading up to diablo cant wait any one else going?" im not trying to start something just stating my thoughts
I've had that question in the back of my mind forever. If you dislike Diablo, why come in this board?

dest

Monkey
Aug 1, 2006
NYCity

I raced the pro women's class, we go off in order of number plates. We go off in 1 min time gaps. I, #85, passed the girl in front of me (#84) because she flatted and she never finished. I come across the line. A little less than a minute later, #86 finishes, after me in the correct start order. The timing system however, says that my time was 4:38 The girl that finished AFTER me and DID NOT PASS ME won with a time of 3:12.

is it me or was she right behind you and catching up quick...:imstupid:

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
I've had that question in the back of my mind forever. If you dislike Diablo, why come in this board?
This thread had nothing relating to Diablo sucking until you said it. In fact, it was praised more than once. Stop fuucking up every other thread with your shiit.

And for Diablo, maybe you should ease up a bit. Sometimes things happen that are out of the riders control. If a group of riders get together and agree something must be screwy, just give the affected person a re-run. What's the big deal. How often do major complaints really occur? If someone is slow, they will be slow in the 2nd run also.

As racers, I/we accept that Diablo sets the rules. With races going off late all the time, timing equipment being setup at the last minute and a bit of usual confusion on your part, maybe you should throw a few bones our way, and give the racer that missed his/her start time by a minute, a re-run every now and then.

jcaramia

Monkey
Oct 28, 2007
Clifton, NJ
This thread had nothing relating to Diablo sucking until you said it. In fact, it was praised more than once. Stop fuucking up every other thread with your shiit.

And for Diablo, maybe you should ease up a bit. Sometimes things happen that are out of the riders control. If a group of riders get together and agree something must be screwy, just give the affected person a re-run. What's the big deal. How often do major complaints really occur? If someone is slow, they will be slow in the 2nd run also.

As racers, I/we accept that Diablo sets the rules. With races going off late all the time, timing equipment being setup at the last minute and a bit of usual confusion on your part, maybe you should throw a few bones our way, and give the racer that missed his/her start time buy a minute a re-run every now and then.
People give too much of their own input on what should be done at Diablo, even people who aren't even regular locals. If you ask me, Diablo does a F*cking amazing job at what they do. Too many people nit-pick at every little thing they feel is wrong because it doesn't suit their needs/wants. It's either Diablo screwed up race times, they didn't fix that rut on Tempest, why did they close that trail for the day, etc...

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
FYI...

wow....classy, real classy.
my decision has just been made about racing this weekend, and every other race weekend there. thanks

Last edited:

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
I hesitate to step into this mess, especially since I don't have a pony in this race (no pun intended).

If Alicia's numbers are accurate (they are confirmed by the official results) then it would seem to be physically and logistically impossible for a rider that started exactly one minute after she did to finish over one minute faster than her and not pass her on the course. Number 86 should have finished 0:26 before Alicia. Right? Someone check my math here.

There has to be some other explanation:

• either rider #86 started more than one minute later
  • or she actually did pass Alicia and finished ahead of her without Alicia knowing (doesn't seem so if all three riders argued the results)
  • or somehow #86's timing chip crossed the finish line before she did herself (do they use timing chips?)
  • or there was a time-space warp in Vernon during #86's run (likely to due morbidly obese, bikini-clad women jumping off the cliffs at the water park creating tidal forces that briefly increased the speed of the earth's rotation)
  • or...maybe the timing system did not work correctly at that juncture.

There should be an logical explanation. There are probably a few that I haven't though of, especially since I'm not familiar with the timing system. I think it's admirable that the race officials spent some time looking into it, but the explanation of "a few course marshals said you looked slow" does not counter-act the logic of 'the racer who started one minute after me should not post a time over one minute faster than mine unless she passed me'.

I doubt Alicia would be as turned off about this whole thing if she was told "well, it turns out that #86 actually started a bit late, so the times are correct." Or whatever the actual explanation is for these results.

I raced the pro women's class, we go off in order of number plates. We go off in 1 min time gaps. I, #85, passed the girl in front of me (#84) because she flatted and she never finished. I come across the line. A little less than a minute later, #86 finishes, after me in the correct start order. The timing system however, says that my time was 4:38 The girl that finished AFTER me and DID NOT PASS ME won with a time of 3:12. I protested it, because rider #86 would have HAD to physically pass me in order for my time to be right, but I was told that the "tapes are right"...

Last edited:

Belfskins

Monkey
Jun 2, 2008
dirty jerz
im sorry but i am going to have to go against diablo here. the race events are truly not very organized. dont get me wrong they are organized but start times are never when they say they are. my start time last race was 1:04 or 2:04 i forget which. i wound up getting onto the race gate at about 20 after and started a few minutes after that. also i witnessed somebody fall off of the start gate and onto the ground. what happens if he goes through the gate more than once? say he fell, went through and went to pick up his bike again and stepped back into it. would he then start the time for the racer behind him? i also find it to be seemingly impossible for the person who started "one minute" behind alicia to pass her without her knowing and finish a minute ahead of her. a marshal would be able to see the person passing her due to the fact that there are several on the course, and there arent many passing opportunitys on the course. and you cannot take trail marshalls word of how fast she was going. trail marshalls see numerous amounts of racers go by and the fact that SOME of the marshalls report seeing alicia going slower than the other racers is not a valid point at all. marshals do a great job of locking the course when somebody falls badly (like myself) i am not complaining about my last place time or even complaining about the diablo staff at all. but i am stating that when i fell i remember seeing the marshal in asylum talking to another person. the marshal was easily distracted and could not have seen "every racer" go by and remember who they were, their bib #, and how fast the were going, personally i call bull****. the race is over with now and you cannot change the results but i will be skeptical the next time i sign up for a race.

isabbisr

Monkey
Aug 9, 2002
NJ
The minute difference without the pass could be explained by a ghost rider between the two. So if Alicia was #36, and #37 didn't show, then #38 would go two minutes after Alicia. As far as organization goes, I have raced at many different venues and will say that Diablo is by far the most organized and on schedule of any venue I have been to. In the case of re-runs and whatnot mentioned earlier, I don't think the policy should change. Your start time is posted in advance, if there is a delay of the start, it only makes your chances of getting there on time better if you're running late. The strict policies allow that all the people have the same chance, if you start bending the rules for one person, another person is going to want them bent for her too. So Alicia, I don't know specifics as I haven't seen the "tapes", but I would highly doubt the people who run the timing system professionally have it out for you and would lie about it. Ultimately, at some point you have to trust the timers and live with your time... use it as fuel to do better at your next race.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
In the case of re-runs and whatnot mentioned earlier, I don't think the policy should change. Your start time is posted in advance, if there is a delay of the start, it only makes your chances of getting there on time better if you're running late. The strict policies allow that all the people have the same chance, if you start bending the rules for one person, another person is going to want them bent for her too.
i agree with you on not getting a "re-run" if you missed your time, but even though diablo doesnt go by norba or usa cycling rules, if there is legitimate proof that someone's time and or run was fubared, then they deserve a re-run.
the timers at the Open were a bunch of tools i have to say though. they essentially blew me off saying its not their problem and theres nothing they could do about the problem i had, and that it was up to the mngt's decision and saying "we dont do re-runs ever" is just totally off the wall.
thankfully mngt did side with me, but the unprofessionalism by their timing staff was just plain stupid

oh and to the kid who apologized to me about the Open, i wasnt accepting your apology...MOVE OUT OF THE WAY if someone is trying to pass you.

thank you and i await the uber pro-diabloers reaction.

*rant complete*

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
listen man, (man as a general term for everyone) if all you're trying to do is start **** in the diablo forum you know damn well you're going to get a response, you poke fun at that response but the fact of the matter is there is a reason why there are "uber pro diabloers" no mountain is perfect, no event will run perfect but diablo on the whole does a pretty good job. sure they could offer a re-run in this case (as well as others I've heard) but that begins to put the people running the event in a tough position, the more re-runs you start giving out, the more will be requested. not saying that those who deserve re-runs shouldn't get any on the simple policy that they'll start a negative trend but like i said, giving to the undeserved will yield a similar pattern. I don't know why anyone hasn't considered the option that the rider behind alicia might have started more then a minute after her....if you really don't like the way things are run, talk to Diablo in a calm, clear manner and actually explain what you think could be done better, don't yell, or criticize because no one listens to that. if you talk to diablo, and can garner enough support from your position you'll probably be heard (in case no one's noticed the things Diablo has done based on rider response....)

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
listen man, (man as a general term for everyone) if all you're trying to do is start **** in the diablo forum you know damn well you're going to get a response, you poke fun at that response but the fact of the matter is there is a reason why there are "uber pro diabloers" no mountain is perfect, no event will run perfect but diablo on the whole does a pretty good job. sure they could offer a re-run in this case (as well as others I've heard) but that begins to put the people running the event in a tough position, the more re-runs you start giving out, the more will be requested. not saying that those who deserve re-runs shouldn't get any on the simple policy that they'll start a negative trend but like i said, giving to the undeserved will yield a similar pattern. I don't know why anyone hasn't considered the option that the rider behind alicia might have started more then a minute after her....if you really don't like the way things are run, talk to Diablo in a calm, clear manner and actually explain what you think could be done better, don't yell, or criticize because no one listens to that. if you talk to diablo, and can garner enough support from your position you'll probably be heard (in case no one's noticed the things Diablo has done based on rider response....)
you didnt bother to read anything i said did you?
its not a matter of giving everyone a rerun like i mentioned earlier, but if there is a clear cut case that something went wrong, then it should be the organizers duty to give a re-run.
every other series in the states does this, especially if there is proof that something went wrong i.e. someone not letting someone else pass(hint hint), timing issues, major course issues and so forth. and saying giving re-runs is a negative trend is just laughable. if there is a issue that the mountain is giving re-runs on a regular basis because of clear cut issues, then they shouldnt be putting events on .
ive been racing long enough at enough mountains to know that every mountain is not perfect, but to hear responses from a organizer like they have said in this thread is just totally uncalled for. maybe she is slow for all i know, but you dont hear any other organizer calling their PAYING customers out like that. if it wasnt for all the "slow" riders/racers out there, diablo woundt have reopened for the second time.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
you didnt bother to read anything i said did you?
its not a matter of giving everyone a rerun like i mentioned earlier, but if there is a clear cut case that something went wrong, then it should be the organizers duty to give a re-run.
every other series in the states does this, especially if there is proof that something went wrong i.e. someone not letting someone else pass(hint hint), timing issues, major course issues and so forth. and saying giving re-runs is a negative trend is just laughable. if there is a issue that the mountain is giving re-runs on a regular basis because of clear cut issues, then they shouldnt be putting events on .
ive been racing long enough at enough mountains to know that every mountain is not perfect, but to hear responses from a organizer like they have said in this thread is just totally uncalled for. maybe she is slow for all i know, but you dont hear any other organizer calling their PAYING customers out like that. if it wasnt for all the "slow" riders/racers out there, diablo woundt have reopened for the second time.
Perhaps you are not understanding. We don't have a "no-rerun" policy, and in fact, we give re-runs at nearly every race. Typically these reruns are due to passes, course-holds, etc, however, if a re-run is deserved then we gladly grant them with or without protest from the racer.

Secondly, I mentioned that the rider was "slow", because her time was verified (Understand? VERIFIED) as accurate and she posted a slow time. You win some, you lose some. Some times are fast, some times are slow. Isn't that part of racing? Aren;t some people slower than others? Get it? As a racer, wouldn't you want to know that the promoter is protecting the integrity of the event by not buckling to other racers looking to circumvent the rules?

In this case the racers time was accurate and she posted a slow run as she has at other diablo events and at events up-and-down the coast. This is not a "callout", just the facts. We will not issue a re-run unless there is a verifiable need for one, no matter how much a racer complains. This is to protect the integrity of the series and provide a fair, level playing field for all racers involved. Race results are based on facts, not theories, hunches or best guesses. Why is this so hard for some to understand?

Last edited:

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
the comments made my diablo were indeed not needed and i'm sorry to hear about not recieving a re-run when someone wouldn't allow you to pass and this isn't a clear cut issue my main point was if you have a problem, talk to the Diablo staff about it, getting pissed off at them does little to help your cause, if approached in a calm manner they can often be helpful....

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
She may have been slow. No one on this thread is disputing whether her run was fast or slow. The times may in fact be correct.

But can you offer an explanation as to how the rider who started exactly one minute after Alicia finished with a time that was over one minute faster without passing her on the course and finishing before her?

There should be a logical explanation for this situation. Can you offer one?

Secondly, I mentioned that the rider was "slow", because her time was verified (Understand? VERIFIED) as accurate and she posted a slow time. You win some, you lose some. Some times are fast, some times are slow. Isn't that part of racing? Aren;t some people slower than others? Get it? As a racer, wouldn't you want to know that the promoter is protecting the integrity of the event by not buckling to other racers looking to circumvent the rules?

In this case the racers time was accurate and she posted a slow run as she has at other diablo events and at events up-and-down the coast. This is not a "callout", just the facts. We will not issue a re-run unless there is a verifiable need for one, no matter how much a racer complains. This is to protect the integrity of the series and provide a fair, level playing field for all racers involved. Race results are based on facts, not theories, hunches or best guesses. Why is this so hard for some to understand?

bfrich

Monkey
May 30, 2007
ct
but you dont hear any other organizer calling their PAYING customers out like that. if it wasnt for all the "slow" riders/racers out there, diablo woundt have reopened for the second time.
I pretty sure it started with Yuroshek and her calling out Diablo's timing on the internet....

Also I'm pretty sure she has protested her result at every domination race this season, hence we have all had to wait an extra hour for awards to happen, while the Diablo staff reviewed all the timing and results to try and satisfy this person. Could be like the boy who cried wolf....nobody wants to listen anymore.

My solution would be be - give her a Freelap watch for her race run - the times should be close.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
She may have been slow. No one on this thread is disputing whether her run was fast or slow. The times may in fact be correct.

But can you offer an explanation as to how the rider who started exactly one minute after Alicia finished with a time that was over one minute faster without passing her on the course and finishing before her?

There should be a logical explanation for this situation. Can you offer one?
Absolutely. The intended interval between racers is typically 1-minute, however this is not a rule of thumb. If the race is "on time" and flowing smoothly we typically offer longer time intervals between racers to minimize the chance for passing; ultimately providing a better experience for the racers.

When the results were verified with the timing company, there was a larger time stamp (time gap) between racers in the womens pro category. This longer interval was more than likely provided since the Women's Pro category is typically only 4-6 racers and a true 1-minute interval was not necessary. These findings were explained to the racer, in detail.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
not a call out?!?!?! who are you trying to kid?? sure i can understand if she is slow, so be it. im sure alicia might know shes not ACC or Rachel Atherton, but she pays you people to compete in your event and not to be berated by the promoter on a online forum.
i have NEVER heard any promoter in my 10 years of racing call out a PAYING customer and emphasizing that the women is slow....(in a public forum.)

and i am not disagreeing with you or anyone else about "protecting the integrity of the series." i said if it is a clear cut case that someone deserves a re-run, then a re-run should be granted.
why does diablo have to be so different compared to the rest of the country who has been putting on events far longer than mountain creek has.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
the comments made my diablo were indeed not needed and i'm sorry to hear about not recieving a re-run when someone wouldn't allow you to pass and this isn't a clear cut issue my main point was if you have a problem, talk to the Diablo staff about it, getting pissed off at them does little to help your cause, if approached in a calm manner they can often be helpful....
once again, you failed to READ my statement. next time read before you open your mouth son.
Diablo did give me a re-run after i talked to them and after they confirmed it with the course marshall that the rider did NOT let me pass anywhere....even after screaming to move outa my f-ing way

Last edited:

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
o man this is gettin bad.

see you guys this weekend. take it out on the course.

just about everyone on here bitchin doesnt race so shut up and cut the sh!t and move on with this.

alicia, sorry but you lost. better luck next time. come out this weekend and pinn it. if you win it will be worth the 80 bucks to show everyone whats up.

woof

Monkey
May 17, 2005
o man this is gettin bad.

see you guys this weekend. take it out on the course.

just about everyone on here bitchin doesnt race so shut up and cut the sh!t and move on with this.

alicia, sorry but you lost. better luck next time. come out this weekend and pinn it. if you win it will be worth the 80 bucks to show everyone whats up.
It's post's like this that make me love you so much, even thou you ride a Giant.