Quantcast

dom #3 race times... very weird...

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
o that was cold, us ironhorse riders dont appreciate your silly factory nonsense....travis, yuroshek, murray,your all so smug.
joey, i can only listen to one person a day, today... well it just isint your day, and you know what? tomorrow isint looking good either....:imstupid:

PCinSC

Chimp
Jun 17, 2007
That makes sense. From Alicia's post here it seemed that she felt wronged based on the one minute interval between starts, but if the difference between start times was longer (and that was explained to her) then the results listed seem reasonable.

Absolutely. The intended interval between racers is typically 1-minute, however this is not a rule of thumb. If the race is "on time" and flowing smoothly we typically offer longer time intervals between racers to minimize the chance for passing; ultimately providing a better experience for the racers.

When the results were verified with the timing company, there was a larger time stamp (time gap) between racers in the womens pro category. This longer interval was more than likely provided since the Women's Pro category is typically only 4-6 racers and a true 1-minute interval was not necessary. These findings were explained to the racer, in detail.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
back on track. i think shawn has every right to defend him self and diablo like he is. if you cheack out the times you would notice that she wouldnt even have won the amature class(why are you racing pro?). and i know for a fact that they give re runs, i have taken 2. also i know that you can ask for more time between the rider in front of you, i have done that also.

now im going to say that if this girl races all over the circut that isabel prabably knew that this girl wasnt that fastest and ask for a longer gap.

DownhillR3

Monkey
May 31, 2007
As racers, I/we accept that Diablo sets the rules. With races going off late all the time, timing equipment being setup at the last minute and a bit of usual confusion on your part, maybe you should throw a few bones our way, and give the racer that missed his/her start time by a minute, a re-run every now and then.

Woof, you bring up a great point. But I have to ask, where are these Diablo Rules? I don't see them on their site, then again i'm not too bright. A Downhill series with no rules...interesting.

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Woof, you bring up a great point. But I have to ask, where are these Diablo Rules? I don't see them on their site, then again i'm not too bright. A Downhill series with no rules...interesting.
no chewing gum on the start gate. actuly i believe there are rules on the paper you have to sighn to race. and they even tell you some at the riders meeting.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
you have no idea what your talkin about kid.

p.s. cut it wit the silly pictures, its old. unlike yourself hhaha.
yeah i am going to the incline club tomorrow, instead of trying nfcc's on the ressi ramp i might try them on the box jump and when i fall i will get right back up again. i love being able to do that. you on the other hand, "old man" can not. haha

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
yeah i am going to the incline club tomorrow, instead of trying nfcc's on the ressi ramp i might try them on the box jump and when i fall i will get right back up again. i love being able to do that. you on the other hand, "old man" can not. haha
haha you little punk. good luck with the nfcc's lets see some pics.

dhsean

Chimp
Dec 5, 2006
sorry love you too, hate to say it but im sure you will be riding a giant too, maybe even next year.....
No way, Ken's going to be riding the new DW Turner DHR next year.

I know from experience that their is no way to reason with Diablo on their communist race policies. It's a shame but it's their series to run. I'll be racing and buying another season pass. I just like to ride too much. Let's all have fun in the wet tomorrow. Now for some pre race carb loading ---- :cheers:

DHAlicia

Chimp
Apr 27, 2008
Bethel, CT
back on track. i think shawn has every right to defend him self and diablo like he is. if you cheack out the times you would notice that she wouldnt even have won the amature class(why are you racing pro?). and i know for a fact that they give re runs, i have taken 2. also i know that you can ask for more time between the rider in front of you, i have done that also.

now im going to say that if this girl races all over the circut that isabel prabably knew that this girl wasnt that fastest and ask for a longer gap.
This is getting really personal; I don't know how this became about "alicia being a slow rider" and as for the "why are you racing pro" statement. I'm not that much slower than the girls that I race against at Diablo, or at some of the other east coast events I've done. For example, at Dom #2, I posted a faster time than the winner of Dom #3 (Isabelle) and at Plattekill, she beat me by 3 seconds. At whiteface I beat a girl that races the Diablo open/pro class by a minute and a half (she raced expert there though on the same course, same conditions). As far as previous Diablo amature classes for race 1 and 2....I would have been sandbagging in that class if you look at the times. No doubt at the East Coast Series races and National Series races I've done, the girls that have been racing 4-8+ years have been kicking my ass, as well they should. When you step it up to the pro class, as I have done this season, my first full season as a downhiller, the first year is going to hand most racers their asses. I expect that. The back of the men's pro field is similar in time gaps. You gotta start somewhere at the "next level".

And as for whoever it was that looked me up online, if you are all that worried about researching my times on USA cycling ect, a website that posts 1/10th of all the races I've done, go for it. Make whatever assumptions you want without knowing about injury, infections, life circumstances, ect, without knowing someone's full resume much less the circumstances that make us human and impact performance.

Also, I was NEVER told by Shawn that the gaps are "different" than the pro women and I'd take a poly on that; As far as this thing about women being sent out in "greater than one minute intervals", I've never seen it except once when they held us all back due to guys on the course tripping the timing devices. And, regarding the time which was posted super late in the day, he spent about 5 to 10 minutes talking to me, in which he stated that he did think an error occured since there were other people involved in verifying the situation, Isabelle stating that she started 1 minute behind me, the lack of passing, ect. I think that its sad that a business owner refuses to see flaws in their system and work so hard to make half-truth statements about riders that question it to defend his product and refuse to utilize rider input to improve it. Most business professionals would welcome and want to improve their system. Sadly, Ego destroys many a person and their pursuits.

Really though, I realize that I made the mistake of using this forum to tell my situation; I do expect quality services for my money, however this was, in hindsight a bad idea as I have not been in forums for a while and forgot how things on the internet can get. I can only take responsibility for stating what I believe to be the facts in an innapropriate forum and also take responsibility that it was not a good choice. Still, I don't know why the attacks. I'm done with this, and sadly hurt enough by the comments to get defensive (obviously), so I suggest less talk more riding. I'd love it if some of you took a run with me, and we could have a beer together. I offered the same to Shawn before he got personal here, but he declined. So any of you that want to actually get to know a person before making generalized satements, lets ride, you pick the trail. I'll probably be slower than you, but I can ride everything at Diablo. To find me, in the spirit of "bad publicity is good because it is publicity" I'll wear a Marilyn Mason T-Shirt tomorrow, so lets do some runs together and I'll even bring a cooler full of beer.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
im not deleting it.

i made this thread for another reason, and yet i dont think anyone caught on to what i was trying to point out. then i guess since i made it, other people starting voicing their opinions about how diablo runs their races. and hopefully alot of people learned how diablo runs their races. so either you wanna play by diablos rules and race, or you sit out and watch as they give away sick prizes to those who win.

you gotta pinn it to winn it.

see ya'll out there tomorrow.

Krzr3000

Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
What a multifaceted thread.....one persons claims vs. diablo staff. Then you have the diablo section children that manage to derail every thread to their personal liking. Honestly i blame the school systems......why am i reading about some kids doing nfcc's at a skatepark in a race thread? :ban:

Last edited:

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Well I gave up racing for the same reasons. It's meant to be fun, but when you get screwed and they got your money... Wasn't it last year (or the year before?) that 20 racers showed up "Late" and didn't get their race run in. Despite paying $60 and arguing, they were told that they were late and they lost their chance to race? I remember it was at Diablo at least.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Well I gave up racing for the same reasons. It's meant to be fun, but when you get screwed and they got your money... Wasn't it last year (or the year before?) that 20 racers showed up "Late" and didn't get their race run in. Despite paying $60 and arguing, they were told that they were late and they lost their chance to race? I remember it was at Diablo at least.
well if they were late, most places wont give you a second start time.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
dhsean please check your PMs!!! It seems like the most logical explanation is that there was a bigger gap between riders then 1 minute, also lets try not to flame people for their riding abilities because there's always many people out there faster then you and mr ih8rice maybe not all of my comments were directed to you

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
well if they were late, most places wont give you a second start time.
20 people! It was half (or better) of the class that was "late". There were errors somewhere but no one took resposibility for changing the start times. If half your class missed the start time and you were first place, wouldn't you feel like an ass knowing you aren't that good compaired to others. Would you be pissed cause your series points are arr F'd up cause of this?

Sep 23, 2007
what's great about this thread is that NO ONE actually bothered to answer yurosheks question, or even question the times.

63 riders total finished the race in AM and INTRO, and NOT one has a ending time that doesn't fall in the 0-10 or 90-99 milliseconds.

Now I am not a mathematical genius, but basic statistics tells me this is just about impossible.

the pro times look like a normal deviation, the AM and INTRO is definetly F uped

the minutes and seconds may be accurate, but the milliseconds are a mathematical anomaly.

i heard the real problem was too many giant glorys on the course, the unobtanium they are made of screws up the timing system.

yuroshek

Turbo Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
Arizona!
what's great about this thread is that NO ONE actually bothered to answer yurosheks question, or even question the times.

63 riders total finished the race in AM and INTRO, and NOT one has a ending time that doesn't fall in the 0-10 or 90-99 milliseconds.

Now I am not a mathematical genius, but basic statistics tells me this is just about impossible.

the pro times look like a normal deviation, the AM and INTRO is definetly F uped

the minutes and seconds may be accurate, but the milliseconds are a mathematical anomaly.

i heard the real problem was too many giant glorys on the course, the unobtanium they are made of screws up the timing system.
hahahaha yes! 5 pages later, someone clicked the link and looked at the times. thanks man.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
I heard Tufino made it to Burger King in less than 60 Seconds from Diablo!
pffffffff there was messed up start times, it was probably like two minutes. we all know the fat ladies jumped off the cliff and made a title wave that got there in 30 seconds, i dont beleive that. they are a bunch of sandbaggers anyway.