Quantcast

Dominion Improvements

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Its been a busy pre-season at Diablo! The ParkLogic Crew have been tweaking existing trails as well as adding new lines on the Diablo Main Peak.

FYI - Discounted season passes will expire on April 18th. Purchase now at www.ridediablo.com

More trail updates and Parklogic welding updates coming soon!

Upper Dominion Improvements:

NEW HIP on Upper Dominion

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
Post these pictures ealier in the day.

I just screamed.

My neighbors are pissed.

I'm still screaming.

I'm so freaking anxious.

WIll my Doctor prescribe some Valium to tide me over for the next 25 days?

HOLY FREAKING CRAP I AM SO AMPED RIGHT NOW GIVE ME A LIFT TO THE TOP OF SOMETHING BUMPY AND STEEP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

bruiser2

Monkey
Apr 25, 2007
Pelham, NY
1st off... this is AWESOME!

2nd, im guessing this is after you make a left when you finish the jumps at the fork in the trail?

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Yeah i'm guessing that's towards the Ending of upper, but we could be wrong... looks YUMMY!..... but we could be wrong because if it's put where i think it's put then it's blocking the OTB trail from merging into the ending of the jump line, where we think they put that..... I don;t care... LOOKS TASTY! I AM NOW HUNGY!

cannot wait... should be a nice place for some really good video Footy!

Timekiller

Monkey
Oct 9, 2006
NJ
Wow that is sick! Yea its where OTB drops onto the uppers. I know because of that effing tree with the damn crooked arrow on it.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
so if i see right you paved the section after the last dominion? was the berm that throws you into that trail reworked? I honestly cant think of how one can get enough speed to have that be fun. maybe i am weird. looks good from a structural stand point. Similar to the wallrides on alpine. just my $0.02

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
nope thats not where the rollers where, the rollers were after that... seems like there is a table in their place now.... that was the beaten down berm you would go over after doing the A frame skinnies.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
the rollers were fun and all but they were not tight enough so that you could double, this should be a wondrous addition to the existing trail network.

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
Just to clarify. The new wooden berm is located where the small set of rollers used to be. In addition this section will feature better drainage, a large roller and a NEW rainbow manual box.

Also, OTB is rerouted and will no longer merge with this section of Upper Dominion. OTB will be getting a huge makeover and this section of terrain will be developed into a 'progression area' featuring skill development features, etc. Lots of improvements, too many to list!

NEW HIP on Upper Dominion

spylab

Monkey
Feb 7, 2007
As much fun as this will be, it's the "improved drainage" bit that makes me most happy. Regardless of whether it rained in the past two weeks or not, after those rollers it was a muddy mess until you got to the fire road again. Good work, fellas.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
The new features really look great :thumb:

I'm a little bummed about Phantom Drop & the Lower Dominion rock garden being removed, but I'm sure the new trails will more than make up for it, especially with the amount of dirt the foundation of the new lodge will provide.

konarider1283

Monkey
Sep 1, 2005
The new features really look great :thumb:

I'm a little bummed about Phantom Drop & the Lower Dominion rock garden being removed, but I'm sure the new trails will more than make up for it, especially with the amount of dirt the foundation of the new lodge will provide.
where did it say the phantom drop is gone? Unless i just missed it somewhere

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
There is a possibility that the Phantom Drop will be removed later in the summer. Not to worry though, if removed, Phantom will be replaced with up to 3 'end-of-run' progression drops just at the bottom of the mountain.

NJMX835

Monkey
Feb 17, 2007
Highland Lakes NJ
There is a possibility that the Phantom Drop will be removed later in the summer. Not to worry though, if removed, Phantom will be replaced with up to 3 'end-of-run' progression drops just at the bottom of the mountain.
I knew you guys would replace it with something good :clapping:

Hopefully we get to have a few more runs on it, before it has to go.

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
Wow, nice....

I guess i can Overdose on the Phantom Drop until it's removed... :-)

we have all Summer for Improvements and better trails, it's all good, i don't expect to see everything reworked! this takes time.....

I'm patient, i just want to ride....! Cannot wait!

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Please keep phantom drop, it's so much fun! If you do have to replace it, replace it with something at least the same size

FOXROX

Turbo Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
hambur,nj
Please keep phantom drop, it's so much fun! If you do have to replace it, replace it with something at least the same size

diablo really has no control over it. Mountain creek wants to build a Lodge were it is...... but hit up rtn.... is the same size....

Runner

Monkey
Sep 21, 2007
CT
Oh, too bad

I've only been twice, haven't been on rtn yet, gotta get down there lots this summer and really learn the mountain

Feb 7, 2007
Vernon, New Jersey
The improvements to Upper Dominion are ongoing and the ParkLogic crew is making staggering progress. By day,we are on the mountain building/reshaping new and existing lines. By night our 2nd shift is fabricating and welding a handful of progression features to be installed in the near future.