Quantcast

Donate to help Geoff Ulmer get to Worlds

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
I hope he takes the money I donated and gets a proper haircut so he doesnt look like eminem.
HAHAHAHA. I thought the same thing. That hair still throws me off.

Thanks PJ, the Buell bros, Rich, Rick, Bob, DaveP, Neal and the countless others that have donated so far. You guys are unbelievable and a true class act in this sport.

Donations still being accepted to rufusphotography@mac.com and gulmer@nycap.rr.com for the next few days only.

Even a dollar helps.

See you guys at Whiteface!

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
E mail from Geoff to the hordes! - - -

Well I'm here with the best mountainbikers in the world, very exciting. I can't send pics because of the internet usage quota that we have. I have 43 other juniors to race against. I'll be riding in a short time and can't wait to get out there.I feel pretty good about my chances but I'll have to pedal strong. It's kind of flat at the end and will favor strong pedalers over technical riders like myself. I'd much prefer a steep long course. Whatever I'll leave nothing behind and will do my best. Australia weather is not at all what I expected cold, windy and rainy so far. The Aussies will have a huge advantage here, they've been riding this course for over a year in preparation for this event. The fans are crazy here, it feels like a big party already 5 days before the race. I feel very lucky to be here.

Thank You,

Geoff

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
So I assume Geoff made it there? any news on how things are going for the kid?
yep he got there fine.

There's a small snip of him in the Mtb Cut video at 1:05 last in the train.

Well I'm here with the best mountainbikers in the world, very exciting. I can't send pics because of the internet usage quota that we have. I have 43 other juniors to race against. I'll be riding in a short time and can't wait to get out there.I feel pretty good about my chances but I'll have to pedal strong. It's kind of flat at the end and will favor strong pedalers over technical riders like myself. I'd much prefer a steep long course. Whatever I'll leave nothing behind and will do my best. Australia weather is not at all what I expected cold, windy and rainy so far. The Aussies will have a huge advantage here, they've been riding this course for over a year in preparation for this event. The fans are crazy here, it feels like a big party already 5 days before the race. I feel very lucky to be here.

Thank You,

Geoff

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
anyone else want to post something from his blog?

Thank You, Geoff

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Sounds like USAcycling doing their job well, since he did not expect cold weather...seems that would be the 2nd thing they told him after they asked for the $3500 ;)

Wishing the kid well. Be nice to get another jr american to do well, since JD kinda sh@t the bed since.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Sounds like USAcycling doing their job well, since he did not expect cold weather...seems that would be the 2nd thing they told him after they asked for the $3500 ;)

Wishing the kid well. Be nice to get another jr american to do well, since JD kinda sh@t the bed since.
Yep, for sure.
And next year, Neko will be old enough to go as well.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
are they still going to collect $3500 from people next year if they arent flying and dont need the group airfare break?
hoepfully Neko and Geoff will make it next year, but does Neko need to race a WC event before they select him?

Have you seen this kid ride? I wouldn't be surprised if he was carted around on someone else's $$$ next year.
that will never happen.

Last edited:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Why not? Specialized will bring him up onto a world cup team and get him hooked up. Or he can move to any other team, Yeti or Intense maybe!!!
i meant if he was having to go through USAC to get there.
and im assuming that UCI team members dont have to pay?