Quantcast

Done

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
finally finished it fired one crappy gray picture(gross weather)......just waiting on Sunline Bar, Stem and Grips....maxxis strips, and a new place to ride in san diego.....oh yeah, and hopefully a boxxer WC in a couple weeks

should be around 38 pounds when all is said and done.....

OH YEAH.....anyone looking to get rid of a 400 or 450 lb X3" TI spring???????

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
wow, i cant believe how in awe i am in... even after seeing so many of them...:drool: :drool: :thumb: those raw 721's really put a nice touch to it too...

that comp 32/24 set up looks like good fun.. i am really tempted to try one... how much bigger is it then the comp 24 in the rear? is the 24 a 2.5? rolling resistance much be through the roof tho...

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
wow, i cant believe how in awe i am in... even after seeing so many of them...:drool: :drool: :thumb: those raw 721's really put a nice touch to it too...

that comp 32/24 set up looks like good fun.. i am really tempted to try one... how much bigger is it then the comp 24 in the rear? is the 24 a 2.5? rolling resistance much be through the roof tho...
the Comp 32 is really big but doesn't feel bulky.....i pretty much use it on any track except the really mild mild ones.....having that much volume and traction is nice to fall back on.....it really doesn't feel like too much tire ever.....the rear is 2.5, and yes, the rolling resistance is really low

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA

Do you mean how much bigger is the 32 than the 24? I've run a 32 up front with a 16 or 24 in the rear a bunch of times. It's a good setup. The 32 is an awesome tire- lasts a long time, has insane grip on almost anything. The tread width is big, but not as big as 2.7s from other companies. The volume is the real thing that's bigger; it has more air than any tire out there. That makes it damp terrain very well at low pressures. For fast and rough courses, there's nothing better. It isn't ideal in super soft stuff (won't pack up, though), but it works well in a variety of conditions.

Rolling is slow, but not terrible. Aside from the resistance, my real gripe is that the width, volume and low pressure making for awkward handling in some spots. Going slow, it can wash out because it can kind of skate over the top of the terrain. Slow berms can be tough, as the tire will slide at low speeds and fold over a bit because of the pressure.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
awwww snap....the UPS guy just showed up with the Sunline Stuff and i'm bored so..............more pics.....the bar stem combo lowered the front end to exactly where i want it(about 1" lower than the truvativ/funn combo)....and dropped a noteworty amount of weight too.....the bike feels incredible......i obviously haven't ridden the sunline stuff , but it's very well designed, cleanly made and feels solid.....and the grips blow odi's out of the water.....