Quantcast

Donner Ski Ranch??????????

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
What the hell ever happened to D.S.R races? Ya they took all day, but they were fun ,and on that note what the f- happened to all the fun little races in Nor-Cal/Nevada???? Sky Tavern , GSR DH ,Oroville Dam , Austin,Nv

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Donner ski ranch focuses on more important things these days. Like mountain boarding.

Austin is supposed to happen again this year. I'm planning on hitting that one.

Why do you care jib boy? Gonna pull out the squishy bike? You're not going to know what to do with all that suspension. :D

Let's have our own race for beer at gieger. Jumps mandatory. Do it Dh mania style.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
hacksaw said:
What the hell ever happened to D.S.R races? Ya they took all day, but they were fun ,and on that note what the f- happened to all the fun little races in Nor-Cal/Nevada???? Sky Tavern , GSR DH ,Oroville Dam , Austin,Nv

I think they recently did the oroville dam race, I missed it though

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
I need to start doing races again. Some of the cool one's are gone. Early season in Reno anyone. I would also like to do a race or two at Sky Tavern. Call it the back in the day series. What other do you guys miss and would attend again if they where held.

whoopnar

Monkey
Sep 11, 2004
Chico, CA
Internal14 said:
REALYY?!
I never saw any info on it.
Did you?

The Chico State Cycling Team held a race at the old Oroville Dam race site. I don't remember if it was open to the public. It is up in the air if we will have back the the OV race site.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Jib Boy???? O ye of little faith my boy, Kid Woo I'll have you know that I am pretty good on a Soft Tail ,just cause I'm "HTP" don't mean I can't go down the hill fast and have alot of fun in the process (Kevin maybe everyone will take this the wrong way heheheheh) schucks Town is going to start his own series maybe we can git-er up at Sandy's some weekend . Hell if we're real lucky sombody will post directions to the secret hilltop riding area. Then we can get all the Cookie cutters out there scabing the landings . (Kevin I rebuilt the Sedric Lip ) Austin is a go if they are doing it this year and if you race Kid Woo its me and you high noon and a night of partying afterward.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
Ohh by the way call GSR about the Peavine Race on the old course that thing was sick bring your xtra thick tubes cause those desert rocks will eat you alive....

ride

Monkey
Jan 11, 2005
Hacksaw
what's up old man?!?!?!

I was in town this weekend to see my kid and called your ass.
I was hopin to get a little reunion together class of 98' bermuda triangle trails,
You, Spanker, Firebaugh...
Anyhoo, I didn't know you full sussed it up as well. You and Peanut have gotta drive up here this summer, stay at my place and I'll take you kids up to Whistler. It's like 2 hours away from my house.
It was good to talk to you and BIll last weekend I was drunk as hell as well.

L8er

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
ride said:
Hacksaw
what's up old man?!?!?!

I was in town this weekend to see my kid and called your ass.
I was hopin to get a little reunion together class of 98' bermuda triangle trails,
You, Spanker, Firebaugh...
Anyhoo, I didn't know you full sussed it up as well. You and Peanut have gotta drive up here this summer, stay at my place and I'll take you kids up to Whistler. It's like 2 hours away from my house.
It was good to talk to you and BIll last weekend I was drunk as hell as well.

L8er
Yo! Its gonna be on man me and the Pea would love to come up and shred some new real estate just remember that Peanut is probably better than me and will probably give you a run for the money in the style dept.
Spanker won cruiser and took a 4th and 7th in class in Phoenix and I haven't seen Corey in years. We will hook it up Bill was stoked to hear from you also we need a reunion at the Dirt Jumps or the BMX track . Peace out talk to you soon.

hacksaw

Monkey
Feb 22, 2004
775 ,Northern Nevada
dhtahoe said:
I need to start doing races again. Some of the cool one's are gone. Early season in Reno anyone. I would also like to do a race or two at Sky Tavern. Call it the back in the day series. What other do you guys miss and would attend again if they where held.
Sky Tavern is a park now and the city is bummed cause every time they need help with trails and such no one has the time so they are porbably going to shut-er down And back in the day series is a terrible name for any race call it a race bring the booze and propel youself down a mountian as fast as humanly possible, If its back in the day we are all riding DH bikes put together with hardware from Ace and rattle can paint jobs and by the way what races have you ever done??? I don't think I have ever raced one of your races ...

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
hacksaw said:
Sky Tavern is a park now and the city is bummed cause every time they need help with trails and such no one has the time so they are porbably going to shut-er down And back in the day series is a terrible name for any race call it a race bring the booze and propel youself down a mountian as fast as humanly possible, If its back in the day we are all riding DH bikes put together with hardware from Ace and rattle can paint jobs and by the way what races have you ever done??? I don't think I have ever raced one of your races ...
I did the ORIGINAL N* series in 2001, 2002 and did 7 races each year. Then they found out how much money I was bringing home and decided to go with an in-house race crew that they could pay $7/hr. Now they have not had timing right once since then. I bought my own timing system that allowes 999 riders on a course at once and allows for passing. Their system they have now is for ski racing and only allows for 5 riders at a time and no passing. I TRIED to help them out last year after they F'ed up the first race, but hey I don't work for free... that includes information. I still have it so we can set it up ANYWHERE. I just need a new IR beam for the finish and it's good to go.

Low_b

Monkey
Mar 27, 2002
Them thar Foothills
oly said:
Donner was the first place i ever snowboarded.... back in 87....... :)

I so want to come visit my aunt.uncle in colfax... with bike.....
I you're gonna come to Colfax to ride let me know. I live a few minutes outside of Colfax.

I used to love riding at Donner when they had $10.00 lift tickets.