Quantcast

Dorado review on Pinktrike

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
I just got back from a ride. I was commenting on the rampant lack of comparissions in MTB reviews ("it pedals great!", better than what?), but;
on a sidenote, dirt mag seems very honest w/reviews.. Just read their review of the new boxxer in the latest issue, def. seemed like the most fair review and offered comparisons with other comparable products(Jonesy even goes as far as putting them in order from 1st to 3rd)..

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
on a sidenote, dirt mag seems very honest w/reviews.. Just read their review of the new boxxer in the latest issue, def. seemed like the most fair review and offered comparisons with other comparable products(Jonesy even goes as far as putting them in order from 1st to 3rd)..
They've definitely improved over the past couple of years. 2 years ago they were completely worthless IMO, they've since gone through "worth reading" and are now into "really quite good", though I sometimes find them a bit vague on some details. "Beautifully composed" for example doesn't actually give you a whole lot of information, but at least nowadays they'll tell you what's **** and what's not.

LMC

Monkey
Dec 10, 2006
they can be a bit vague but i think you have to sometimes read between the lines to see where they feel a products weaknesses lie. Other times they are as subtle as a baseball bat, the Corsair review on the website is pretty scathing! as was the yeti 303 review a few yrs back

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
they can be a bit vague but i think you have to sometimes read between the lines to see where they feel a products weaknesses lie. Other times they are as subtle as a baseball bat, the Corsair review on the website is pretty scathing! as was the yeti 303 review a few yrs back
hah, just went and read that review, that was the best one I've seen so far for detail and clarity. Great that they've improved that stuff, cos in the past the reviews were the only thing about the magazine that was anything less than awesome.