Quantcast

downforce bikes

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
perhaps not super stoked about the aesthetics, but looks brilliant on paper. i'm a huge fan of high pivot (w/ jackshaft / idler / gearbox) link bikes. the carbon box section swingarm should be super light and stiff. i'm also interested in ti utilization in dh frames - a relatively large diameter tubeset in a small front triangle like this should be plenty stiff, offer much better longevity than aluminum at a nice light weight. curious what the numbers are.

time-bomb

Monkey
May 2, 2008
right here -> .
perhaps not super stoked about the aesthetics, but looks brilliant on paper. i'm a huge fan of high pivot (w/ jackshaft / idler / gearbox) link bikes. the carbon box section swingarm should be super light and stiff. i'm also interested in ti utilization in dh frames - a relatively large diameter tubeset in a small front triangle like this should be plenty stiff, offer much better longevity than aluminum at a nice light weight. curious what the numbers are.
I agree. This is a case where form is not meeting function. Aesthetically it is very unappealing but functionally it looks like it is pretty well thought out. I'd still hit it.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I'm glad there is another small scale bike frame manufacturer out there.
I'm getting sick of non-english web sites. And this goes even to germans, frenchs, italians, all ... present yourself in ENGLISH please! Who's supposed to translate your local language?

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I'm glad there is another small scale bike frame manufacturer out there.
I'm getting sick of non-english web sites. And this goes even to germans, frenchs, italians, all ... present yourself in ENGLISH please! Who's supposed to translate your local language?
HAHAHAHAHA

Who has time to learn 10-20 different medieval languages when more than likely the other person speaks some English anyways?

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Im sorry, but I feel the need to comment, I hate this arrogance about English, yes it is the international language for business (not for long anyways), but there is no need to bash on others. Its this kind of attitude that reminds me of how little culture some americans have, and its this kind of attitude that doesn't earn you sympathisers.

Sghost

Turbo Monkey
Jul 13, 2008
NY
Im sorry, but I feel the need to comment, I hate this arrogance about English, yes it is the international language for business (not for long anyways), but there is no need to bash on others. Its this kind of attitude that reminds me of how little culture some americans have, and its this kind of attitude that doesn't earn you sympathisers.
Funny, it would appear as it's the non-Americans who are saying the site sucks/supporting the business language.

Sympathizers has a Z. You should not be worrying so much about dealings of the business world when you have not even pulled your head out of your rectum to embrace a modern browser yet.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
Funny, it would appear as it's the non-Americans who are saying the site sucks/supporting the business language.

Sympathizers has a Z. You should not be worrying so much about dealings of the business world when you have not even pulled your head out of your rectum to embrace a modern browser yet.
this is exactly what I mean, why would you even bother to write up a "response" to what I just said if there's nothing good in what your saying. How can you even see what your writing with your face so far up your ass?

Regardless of where the person is from, proper or un proper english shouldn't be a limitation to information, if you don't understand, use google translator. Language should never be a point of concern when trying to get information through to people that are interested. If you really were interested, you'd find a way to understand.

English isn't my first language, what do I care if I misspelled words, as long as my points are getting through?

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
It has nothing to do with a lack of culture, but being part of the international community.

I would learn another language if there was one, or maybe two that I could focus on. I began learning Spanish in high school, then forgot most all of it because I don't have any Spanish speaking friends. Then I started taking French classes because I was thinking about going there. That ended up not happening and once again forgot most all of it because no one that I know really speaks French. Then I began learning Turkish because I was living there for a bit, but now that I don't live there anymore there is no situation where I will ever need to speak Turkish again unless I go back for vacation.

When I was in Istanbul I met people from all over the world through the erasmus program and they all spoke to each other in English. My girlfriend is German and speaks German first and foremost, but when we were in Istanbul and she would talk to Turkish friends and other non-english erasmus students, they would speak together in English... obviously at an English as a 2nd language skill level. So now I am trying to learn German out of respect for her, but honestly for no other reason. We speak together in English fine and even when I'm visiting her in Germany I can get around just fine using English.

I can understand wanting to hold on to your native language, but the result is that you are fighting for something that is holding you back in the world.

The really humorous thing is that Europe at some point tried to create some 'European language'. This is a good start, some people in Europe want a language that they can all speak so that when they drive 2 hours away from home they can still speak to everyone. What I don't get, is why they tried to make up some new language instead of just calling it English, because that's what they all speak when they cross their country's border anyways.

Last edited:

Nagaredama

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
Manhattan Beach, CA USA
What is going to replace it? Chinese? I think not, far too difficult to write. China already has more English speakers than the US.

fluider

Monkey
Jun 25, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
My post was not meant to offense any particular language or culture.
I mean, if you are planning to do a very local business (because one country IS a local business) then keep your local language but don't be surprised when you realize that local market doesn't make enough money for your company. There are so many enthusiasts who would like to read about their project and even possible investors but why would they bother if project is not presented in an international language?
I've been working for a german air-traffic services software company for 5 years. German management have NEVER asked us slovak emplyees to use german language. There were 45+ year old people in management briliantly speaking english. Every single bit of communication even within the slovak office was done in english.
I travelled through Finland, old woman serving in coffee-bar near polar circle could fluently speak english. The same goes for other countries I've visited.
I hate using localized Windows because it so un-natural. No language can keep the pace with english to produce quality equivalents of still emerging expressions.

Thanks to the IT we are dependent on and which comes from english speaking country, English is probably the most functional international language. Take it and make business or leave it and stay local. Nobody wants you to forget your origins and culture, and it is your advantage that besides english you can speak another language.

EDIT: And everyone makes mistakes :-). I was working for german company for 5 years. Now it's a slovak company with that localized software...

Last edited:

Owennn

Monkey
Mar 10, 2009
No it doesn't. Maybe you're thinking of synthisizer?

You shouldn't be thinking of american english when suggesting a spellchecker.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Use a browser that will convert the page to the language of your choosing, problem solved.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Use a browser that will convert the page to the language of your choosing, problem solved.
I like to read everything in Swedish Chef

My pust ves nut meunt tu ooffffense-a uny perteecooler lungooege-a oor cooltoore-a. I meun, iff yuoo ere-a plunneeng tu du a fery lucel booseeness (becoose-a oone-a cuoontry IS a lucel booseeness) zeen keep yuoor lucel lungooege-a boot dun't be-a soorpreesed vhee yuoo reeleeze-a thet lucel merket duesn't meke-a inuoogh muney fur yuoor cumpuny. Zeere-a ere-a su muny inthooseeests vhu vuoold leeke-a tu reed ebuoot zeeur pruject und ifee pusseeble-a infesturs boot vhy vuoold zeey buzeer iff pruject is nut presented in un interneshunel lungooege-a? I'fe-a beee vurkeeng fur a germun eur-treffffeec serfeeces sufftvere-a cumpuny fur 5 yeers. Germun munegement hefe-a NEFER esked us slufek implyees tu use-a germun lungooege-a. Zeere-a vere-a 45+ yeer oold peuple-a in munegement breeliuntly speekeeng ingleesh. Ifery seengle-a beet ooff cummooneeceshun ifee veethin zee slufek ooffffeece-a ves dune-a in ingleesh. I trefelled thruoogh Feenlund, oold vumun serfeeng in cuffffee-a-ber neer puler curcle-a cuoold flooently speek ingleesh. Zee seme-a gues fur oozeer cuoontreees I'fe-a feesited. I hete-a useeng luceleezed Veendoos becoose-a it su un-netoorel. Nu lungooege-a cun keep zee pece-a veet ingleesh tu prudooce-a qooeleety iqooeefelents ooff steell imergeeng ixpresseeuns. Thunks tu zee IT ve-a ere-a dependent oon und vheech cumes frum ingleesh speekeeng cuoontry, Ingleesh is prubebly zee must fooncshunel interneshunel lungooege-a. Teke-a it und meke-a booseeness oor leefe-a it und stey lucel. Nubudy vunts yuoo tu furget yuoor ooreegins und cooltoore-a, und it is yuoor edfuntege-a thet beseedes ingleesh yuoo cun speek unuzeer lungooege-a. IDIT: Und iferyune-a mekes meestekes :-). I ves vurkeeng fur germun cumpuny fur 5 yeers. Noo it's a slufek cumpuny veet thet luceleezed sufftvere-a...
Or Jive

My post wuz not meant t'offense any particular language o' culture. What it is, Mama! I mean, if ya' are plannin' t'do some very local business (a'cuz one country IS some local business) den keep yo' local language but duzn't be surprised when ya' realize dat local market duzn't make enough bre'd fo' yo' company. Slap mah fro! Dere are so's many endusiasts who would likes t'read about deir project and even possible investo's but why would dey boda' if project be not presented in an internashunal language? I've been wo'kin' fo' some german air-traffic services software company fo' 5 years. German management gots' NEVER ax'ed us slovak emplyees t'use german language. What it is, Mama! Dere wuz 45+ year old sucka's in management briliantly speakin' english. Every sin'le bit uh communicashun even widin de slovak office wuz done in english. I travelled drough Finland, old mama servin' in coffee-bar near polar circle could fluently speak english. De same goes fo' oda' countries I've visited. I hate usin' localized Windows cuz' it so's un-natural. No language kin keep de pace wid english t'produce quality equivalents uh still emergin' 'espressions. Danks t'de IT we are dependent on and which comes fum english speakin' country, English be probably de most funcshunal internashunal language. What it is, Mama! Take it and make business o' leave it and stay local. Nobody wants's ya' t'fo'get yo' o'igins and culture, and it be yo' advantage dat besides english ya' kin speak anoda' language. What it is, Mama! EDIT: And everyone makes mis snatch'd :-). ah' wuz wo'kin' fo' german company fo' 5 years. Now it's some slovak company wid dat localized software.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I use them a lot for French sites as they are really stubborn and never try to use english and they work like crap. Yes you get the basic sense what they are about but for technical terms? Fuggetaboudit.

Also to hire translator for a webpage is not that expensive and if you plan on selling abroad its the only way. Most people understand at least a bit of english, the chance they understand technical terms (yes bike language is quite technical) from your home language is very small.
Not to mention translating a site is not really that much trouble. I do part time job as a translator and if you are in the bike community the whole thing can be done very fast.