Quantcast

Downhill courses or riding near Bend Oregon

nobodyuno

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
Asheville
Thinking of moving to the Bend Oregon area. Does Mt Hood Mt Batchelor etc have downhill courses. What else is nearby for the pleasure of a big bike? Gracias--

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
There is a ton of single track!

The local dh runs are short and are better shuttled

Riding is SIC! in Bend,

Nothing on bachler yet, hood has a park and so does willamite pass

If you move, be sure to bring a bike of all breeds, cause you will use them everyday.

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
I just moved to Seattle from Bend. Riding is good there. The dirt is less desirable though. Like Motoking said.. a TON of single track. They are building a mountian bike park in Prineville. Not sure how thats going to be.. Good luck!

nobodyuno

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
Asheville
Thanks for the info. How are the parks at Hood and Willamite pass. Do they offer stunts, jumps etc? Is Eugene Oregon better or worse when it comes to dh riding options?

GmotoT

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Portland
So far, so good... This place has a little of everything. Riding is great, the dirt here is sick.. so far. Plus, whistler is super close...

Motoking16

Monkey
May 16, 2005
Bend, OR
willamatte is 12 bucks for all day, and it is lifted. The riding is more world cup style riding, super fast no pedal style depending on your abilities

Hood has a bit of wood, but not much. Very easy DH course. Not sure on the price though. Things are only going to get better,

The people who own Whistler Blackcomb just bought Bachelor and i heard that they are aiming for hood. Which we are hoping means riding on Bachelor soon!

I completley agree with GmotoT, dirt isnt as great for sure. It takes a bit to to get used to and trust, but then its not too bad, it makes for softer landings though!!...if you can miss the lava rock.

Bend is just f'n awsome! I moved from seattle to here, and i would move to bend in an instant!

nobodyuno

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
Asheville
Man thats good news. Sounds like Oregon just might be my destination. Hopefully the Whistler folks will move quickly to make Bachelor happen.
On another note I'll be recieving my shockwave9.5 anyday and can't wait to break it in!! Actually I'm sure the bike will break me first. I'll post up some pics when I build it up. Later

nobodyuno

Chimp
Apr 4, 2006
Asheville
I hear ya. Well I may have a solution to lift access anywhere in the world. With my well trained llama shuttling services. I figure one llama can hoist around say 3-5 big hit bikes and one rider. No more stinking chairs lifts. The future is the llama. Eco-Lifts. Free fertilizer. There a bit smelly, but hey they will not spit like the camel.

Mar 7, 2005
I have and am building a whole bunch of freeride type stuff at my place in Sisters (not far from bend) but i have to do some work on it, cosidering it has not been riden since last summer.

killowatt

Chimp
May 16, 2005
Rainier, Oregon
GmotoT said:
I'm not sure about the terrain, but I 'heard' willamette pass is cheap.. Like 9 bucks a day or so...
If you are looking to DH. Willamette pass is awsome. The trails are kinda few but really fun and challenging. The facility is great. (resturant, gondola etc.) Highly recomend!!!