Quantcast

downhill video teaser feedback wanted

Jul 16, 2007
Looking for crazy riders to film in southern california. check out our footage of angel fire http://www.youtube.com/howcomewhy or bncproductions.net and fuelclothing.com let me what you think good or bad.we want to be making the best videos out there and this is the first event we have filmed.we will be traveling all summer shooting more races and free ride footage.I want to know what riders want to see.Keep in mind it is just a teaser so the shots are short. Thanks R.B. at bncproductions.net

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Hey! i saw a 29er in that video... wonder who that was. Also don't speed up riding footage :) Get a site so you can host video to also helps instead of utube

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I saw BCD!!!!

If the purpose was to make me want to go ride angel fire, it worked.

I like the footage and editing but I can't read your title. Plus the freeze/zoom thing was kinda hokey.

But you've got some sweet shots in there!

Jul 16, 2007
Hey! i saw a 29er in that video... wonder who that was. Also don't speed up riding footage :) Get a site so you can host video to also helps instead of utube
I knew it.I was editing with my production partner and its a bit of give and take.I didnt like the stuff he speed up and he did nt like some of the shot choices I had made.But I will let him know with a big fat I TOLD YOU SO! Thanks for the input R.B.

Jul 16, 2007
I saw BCD!!!!

I like the footage and editing but I can't read your title. Plus the freeze/zoom thing was kinda hokey.

I told my editing partner I thought it looked cheesy myself but its a give and take situation in the editing room.He loved it.But I will let him know. Thanks, R.B.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
I saw BCD!!!!

hard to miss huh.
i hope clay uses
some clips of me
from schlad
i was riding so slow.

i liked the freeze zoom.
evec fromage!

Vang_9tuzz

Chimp
May 26, 2007
Denmark
It's very distracting to watch, alot of the sequences are too short, so you don't get a fell of the sections in the course and some sections are ended to fast. The music ads even more to the distraction.
Well I don't like the editing....
But there are a few good shots.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Too much footage was sped up. Just my opinion. But keep working on the videos. =] Don't let the negative comments stop you from posting. Take it as constructive criticism for the next video.

rosenamedpoop

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2004
just Santa Cruz...
I like the kitchy style. I love ultra clean DH movies, but everybody wants to be tight and clean as they progress in their film making, and that leaves little room for expression.

I say emphisise the kitch and add more. Watch some '70s sit coms, and do a kitchy '70s punk rock twist.

Jul 16, 2007
I didnt care for the speed up portions too much either but for some reason my editing partner who cut that section talked me into using it.I have since told him it was lame and the feed back I am getting supports that.Negative feedback is good too.I want to make good videos.There are alot of bad ones out there.By going to the riders and getting the feedback {good or bad} is a way to be sure we are on the right track to making a good product that will get riders and none riders to go out and push the sport.Thanks you for responding and I would like to thank everyone else who has responded. R.B.

godzilla

Chimp
Dec 19, 2005
"It was much better than "Cats", I want to see it again and again."

Great video - I think you should've devoted a little more time to the guy riding the Demo 8 and wearing the orange jersey though, god that guy is a sick rider.