Quantcast

Downhill?

headkase

Chimp
Oct 5, 2005
Went up to Big Bear this weekend and the chick told me my AS-X was a no go on the lift, (2.5 tires/ DC / chain guide). Whats the next best thing around here?

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
^ We ride at the same spots, just now on freshly paved residential streets instead of the old trails.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
lovebunny said:
hey great minds think alike gary.......im not quite sure what happened here though. must be coincidence:clue:

You've just been spying i think. Or it could be that next to a DH bike, a pimped out road bike is about as cool as it gets.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
headkase said:
Went up to Big Bear this weekend and the chick told me my AS-X was a no go on the lift, (2.5 tires/ DC / chain guide). Whats the next best thing around here?
A few weeks ago they were loading a Foes Mono with a 9" fork, 2.5" tires and a chain guide. And a Giant AC also with a big dual-crown and long travel plates. Full DH armor too, but the 14 year old kids were locals so they let 'em slide.

The DC is probably what's keeping you off the lift, I'll bet they'd let the other stuff go without it.

snaps-alot

Chimp
Jul 11, 2006
Los Angeles - Westside
headkase said:
yeah the triple chainring is the thing they look for- dual crown is ok under 6". your best bet is mammoth, or mt wilson for shuttling