Quantcast

Downieville All Mtn 2009

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Ready for battle? The race is closed/full.

It is going to be big(ger) this year. Adam Craig has been yapping about it every chance he gets, Schnell is going to crush from the pole position, Weir will have had a year to seeth about his flat, it's on!

Any of you local yocals get in? I would love to see if some of the folks on this forum can really ride instead of just talking about it.

And please, no crying because there is no longer a DH only category.

I'm bringing 27 lbs, 6.3", and a 36 tooth (or 38) ring to battle. Bring it on!

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
I'm on the waiting list this year -:plthumbsdown:
Thought I had the whole registration under control, got on the computer before 8pm logged onto my active.com account and waited for 8pm to come so I could snag a spot. Turned out after many frustrating atempts with error messages from active.com in about 10 different web browser pages that I could not register. Finally I logged out of active.com and tried to register as a 'guest' - yup that did it, but by that time all men's categories were full.

I really just want to know how this is the all mtn world champs if you need to register w/in 15 mins and can't even get the registration webpage to work?

Maybe it should be invite for pros (I'm excited to see Craig will be in it!) and maybe break the race out into more days to give more spots or something... or have registration on a couple different dates/ times. I don't know, I'm not a race organizer. Hopefully I get a spot from the wait list.

Hey OG - sorry you missed it too... let's ride once the snow melts here.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
It's a drag but I am at a loss to figure out a better way. This way everyone has an equal chance of getting in, so in that sense it's fair. Greg and the crew do their best with overwhelming demand. I've made my peace with it, the racing can get in the way on that weekend anyway...

And hell yeah Ben, we'll ride for sure.

benjaminj

mr. amy
Mar 21, 2007
so. tahoe
I have no problems with the Yuba people they put on a top notch event, keep a positive focus on mountain biking year round, and have done wonders to the trails up there... that's why everyone wants to be part of the Classic and it fills up in minutes, hats off to them. I just think the race itself has gotten bigger than imagined and how do you handle allowing the right amount of people into the race - priority for past racers and a lottery for new racers? Maybe next year they should include peoples times for how fast they registered into the overall timing?!
My biggest complaint is with Active.com - I couldn't get to the registration page at all. Felt like I was calling into a radio station in high school for those elusive Motley Crew tickets to the sold out concert with no luck.

Yup, Tahoe Rim Trail epic this summer... the snow's going to melt fast with these warm temps.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Shoot booger, you already know none of us like to pedal to the the top :busted:

Actually I'm bummed I missed registration. I havent done an XC race in like 10 years and I'd like to see how well I would actually do. The parents were in town and I was just sitting down to dinner with them when I realized I was going to miss it. !()@*#!!! :plthumbsdown:

So it looks like I gotta wait another year to prove I'm more than just a sport class shuttle monkey. :wait:

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Shoot booger, you already know none of us like to pedal to the the top :busted:

Actually I'm bummed I missed registration. I havent done an XC race in like 10 years and I'd like to see how well I would actually do. The parents were in town and I was just sitting down to dinner with them when I realized I was going to miss it. !()@*#!!! :plthumbsdown:

So it looks like I gotta wait another year to prove I'm more than just a sport class shuttle monkey. :wait:
It's okay, you can still do the XC race and battle with all the AM folks. Everyone starts together. You even have an advatage in that you won't have to save anything for the DH the next day.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
definitely. i think jason had a lot going against him last year, but i think his new job with WTB should up his training.

unfortunately, the competition is going to get tougher if Adam Craig races this year.

wood booger

Monkey
Jul 16, 2008
the land of cheap beer
Unfortunately I think J-Mo is out if Schnell and Craig (and who knows who else) come ready.

Schnell is a true ripper and Craig has World Cup XC horsepower+DH skills. He was muscling a single ring up stuff most people were in the granny on (or walking) this weekend In Fontucky. Pretty freakin' impressive.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I'm not racing. I'll be the guy driving the shuttle, picking up trash, marshaling the course, carrying boxes, working the SBTS booth, drinking a beer....

ben10

Chimp
Feb 24, 2008
Ill be volunteering like always, forget that up hill stuff... plus my bike is haggard, it needs a fork and front wheel, i dont know if ill even bring the bastard.