Quantcast

Downieville - Post Classic

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
My good friend Chris is leaving the country for Rotterdam. So for one last sendoff, me, him, and a bunch of friends make for an one day assault on Packer Saddle.

Camping - them

Camping - lightweight (me). Note: I had to sleep Unabomber style (hood up, hat on face) to keep the bugs off

Jason getting ready

The rest of guys

Mark Weir led out the yearly Santa Cruz Hellride. 50 miles is the number I heard.

The shuttle back up

Self portrait

Our driver and head bottlewasher, Wayno

Views from the shuttle

Jason hitting Packer Saddle

Chris

Myself

Jason hitting one of the new drops

And return home thru Marysville, the rice capital of California

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
lol weir look like a hobo w/o his hair! lol

that would have been fun wish i was there.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yeah, I wish I didn't have to work. The whole crew from Santa Cruz was there, and the party afterwards must have been killer...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
sanjuro - sorry i bailed. looked like alot of fun. you wanna head down to mammoth next weekend?
can't, working rest of the month, maybe even labor day weekend.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Monkeybidnezz said:
Nice pics. What trail was the drop on? I don't remember hitting any the last trip.
It is in between Packer and Butcher. There is a huge rock in the middle of the trail, which most people ride around...
elRey said:
So you guys just ran into Mark Weir while he was doing the Hellride??? That's so cool.
I see that fool everywhere I go and in every magazine ad now. One time, I even passed him on I-80 heading back to the Bay Area. Talk about overexposure!!!!!

Seriously, for a talented of rider as he is, he is one of the coolest guys ever.

And talk about cool guys, I also chatted with Bobby McMullen, who is legally blind. I met him at Sea Otter, and beyond all the hype, he is a rider.

If you hear about this, Bobby, "Konichi-Wa!"

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
sanjuro said:
And talk about cool guys, I also chatted with Bobby McMullen, who is legally blind. I met him at Sea Otter, and beyond all the hype, he is a rider.

the guy is blind and STILL makes comments about you being asian. that guy rules.

elRey

Turbo Monkey
sanjuro said:
It is in between Packer and Butcher. There is a huge rock in the middle of the trail, which most people ride around...

I see that fool everywhere I go and in every magazine ad now. One time, I even passed him on I-80 heading back to the Bay Area. Talk about overexposure!!!!!

Seriously, for a talented of rider as he is, he is one of the coolest guys ever.

I read about that guy in Dirt Rag(i think). Total respect.