Quantcast

Downieville questions

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
I remember the good ol' days of 123Bikes when I could walk in and get directions to Jackie Chan. That place was great!

Its too bad that Tahoe got silly like it has, but it was kind of always in the wind for that to happen. Just too many Bay folks...

How is the snow up there these days?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Honestly the riding in tahoe is better. It lacks the large traffic maps etc that downieville has and the d'ville shuttle run is worth traveling for but overall....there's more good riding here.

Don't let amy's tale of one jackass in a bike shop deter you.

Dirtface

Chimp
May 22, 2005
Austin, Texas
kidwoo said:
nah, those are everywhere. I am from northern cal (born and raised) and have been to tahoe many many many times. I live in Texas now and just wanted to come back to the pines.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Kidwoo said:
hey. originally i was defending the south shore. it's a lovely place with cheap hotels and great trails.

Tattoo said:
I remember the good ol' days of 123Bikes when I could walk in and get directions to Jackie Chan. That place was great!
last year someone built a trail off of Chinese DH that was lots of fun. log rides and drops and such. it was there for all of 3 weeks before the chainsaws came in and chopped down tons o'trees.

Note: traffic yesterday from south shore to placerville was like 3 to 4 hours. suckas.
south shore traffic does suck at times.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
kidwoo said:
Honestly the riding in tahoe is better. It lacks the large traffic maps etc that downieville has and the d'ville shuttle run is worth traveling for but overall....there's more good riding here.

I like the riding at Tahoe, but isn't Tahoe (North and South) twice as large as D'Ville?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
kidwoo said:
Yeah I guess technically.

There's this really big puddle that sits in the middle of everything though.
Well, if you factor in N*, Mr Toads, Tahoe Rim, and the many other trails, I believe there is more there. I suppose there is more hotels and probably camping.

But South Lake and I assume North Lake are resort towns, where Downieville is a tiny place of 300. If you want your fun in the day and the party all night, probably Tahoe is the place (although I have some rough nights in D'Ville).

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
sanjuro said:
Well, if you factor in N*, Mr Toads, Tahoe Rim, and the many other trails, I believe there is more there. I suppose there is more hotels and probably camping.

Soooooooo much more than what you know young skywalker.:clue:

Downieville rules. But given the choice, I'd rather ride here if it had to be one or the other. What's with all this partytown stuff? I go to bed at 9. But then again I'm not sitting in traffic all day like those south shore folks.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo said:
Soooooooo much more than what you know young skywalker.:clue:

Downieville rules. But given the choice, I'd rather ride here if it had to be one or the other. What's with all this partytown stuff? I go to bed at 9. But then again I'm not sitting in traffic all day like those south shore folks.
That's because you live on the north shore of that little puddle and everyone knows there's no night life unless you go to south shore. south shore soldiers 4 life.

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
dfinn said:
That's because you live on the north shore of that little puddle and everyone knows there's no night life unless you go to south shore. south shore soldiers 4 life.
hellzyeah.
it's just a non-stop party down here. i didn't even make it to work last night because i was throwing down shots all night with shaun palmer and mark frank montoya at the block. i'm hoping i can keep my buzz going until thursday when i'll hit altitude - where you don't go out, you go UP.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
amydalayna said:
did you see in this months TW Snowboarding that the soldiers have a new clothing line? it's hot.
didn't happen to catch that. I kind of lost interest in park riding a couple of years ago and that's pretty much all that any of the snowboard mags cover. That and a butt load of ads.

white pony will help you keep your buzz going, i hear everyone down there does it. ;)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
amydalayna said:
hellzyeah.
it's just a non-stop party down here. i didn't even make it to work last night because i was throwing down shots all night with shaun palmer and mark frank montoya at the block. i'm hoping i can keep my buzz going until thursday when i'll hit altitude - where you don't go out, you go UP.
You never told me you knew Palm. How come you never introduced me?

And you knew I wanted to go to Altitude!!!

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
dfinn said:
I kind of lost interest in park riding a couple of years ago and that's pretty much all that any of the snowboard mags cover. That and a butt load of ads.
i like pretty pictures.

sanjuro said:
put on your fancy dancing shoes and let's go out! $1 red bull and vodkas for you and me.
but seriously, i haven't seen you in ages. i know you hate the snow and all...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
sanjuro said:
You never told me you knew Palm. How come you never introduced me?

My guess is that she thinks a bay area panzy like yourself can't party with the serious bro-brah powderhounds from south lizzy.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
dfinn said:
My guess is that she thinks a bay area panzy like yourself can't party with the serious bro-brah powderhounds from south lizzy.
How dare you! I am so mad right now...