Quantcast

Downieville Report

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
those tacos next door sure are good. I'll be back next weekend for more riding and more tacos. The trail conditions on butcher ranch were still really good this weekend, starting to get dusty towards the bottom but the top 3/4 was real good.

SSFRerAny?s

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
N. CA
Too many posts to reply to, I've been laying low for the past couple months.

Two flats was a bummer, but couldn't stop the mojo from flowing that day! I was so excited to finally be riding again. I actually got to turn the Ventana into a single speed by the second run!! :)

More D-ville days to come. Myke how was Sunday?

SSFRerAny?s

Chimp
Feb 25, 2004
N. CA
Off the topic of this thread, but didn't want to dedicate an entire thread to road riding. I just finished an awesome ride and had to share, because I know some of you out there are cycling fans whether it's mtn or road.

Go to Cannery Row in Monterey, CA. Take the bike path along Cannery Row to 17 Mile Road. Take 17 Mile Road to Pebble Beach. Turn around and head back towards Cannery Row. It makes for a 40 to 50 mile ride and is along the ocean the entire way and has beautiful homes lining its path.

If you are up for a longer ride, start out in Salinas, I started out at their County Office of Education. Make a right out of the parking lot onto the road, go until it dead ends, make a right and then follow through downtown, I forget the turn, but make a left along one of the major streets and head to the bike path along Hwy 1. Take the bike path past Sand City and into Monterey, at Cannery Row. This ride is 50 miles round trip, but can be combined with the above ride mentioned for a total of 100 miles.

Both of these rides are easily doable on a track or single speed road bike.

Enjoy. ;) Sorry for being so long-winded. :D