Quantcast

Downieville ride July1st 2006

May 25, 2006
I apoologize in advance for all the non riding pics, but it's too much work to remove them now. :)

Had a pretty nice little weekend. Ended up putting about 1200 miles on the car over 4 days, and we never even left the state. Drove to Sacramento early saturday morning and met up with my parents. From there we caravaned up to the campgrounds on the Yuba River. Spent the afternoon swimming in the river and hanging out. Spent the night and got up at 6am with my dad and brother. My brother was doing a triathalon in Graeagle (about an hour away) so we had him drop us off at the trailhead of the ride we did. Had such a freaking blast I can't even describe it. We didn't see a single soul and the trails ****ing rocked. There were several sections where I was just flying through the forest whooping at the top of my lungs. Spent the rest of the day by the river, then headed back to the parents house. Spent sunday morning with my parents, brother and his kids at William Land Park in Sacramento at Funderland (small kids amusement park), then went up to brothers to swim in his pool. We hit the road around 8pm, and left Jackson with my brother for the week. Got back to the LBC around 2:30am. Had a nice relaxing day of doing nothing yesterday.

Anyways, here are some pics.

Ava being goofy on the car ride up:

Jackson passed out after being up to no good with a highlighter:

My trusty co-pilot:

Bathing beauty #1:

Bathing beauty #2

Some guys running their dredger across the river:

The Sierra Buttes from the trailhead:

My dad getting a feel for his new Kona on the upper section of the trail:

Cruising along at a pretty good clip:

A remote section of the Downie River:

Not sure who this stud muffin is:

The Ironhorse performed flawlessly:

This section was so much fun:

Nainoa and Nash loving life:

Chubby daddy and chubby daughter:

Jackson and Pa:

Ava on her first pony ride:

Thats all folks!

May 25, 2006
MMcG said:
Great stuff!

This is the best forum on the Monkey by far right now. So many great reports! Gotta love summer!!!
Summer is great. Cool thing was that it was 42 degrees at the top and 90 at the bottom. :)

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
Good stuff, I'll be there in 2 weeks. I hope all the snow is gone up on Butcher by then, how was it this trip? Looks like the trails are in great condition so far!

May 25, 2006
Monkeybidnezz said:
Good stuff, I'll be there in 2 weeks. I hope all the snow is gone up on Butcher by then, how was it this trip? Looks like the trails are in great condition so far!
I saw one timy patch of snow off to the side of the trail at Butcher and that was it. Trails are in awesome shape! Thanks to the trail crews!

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
You have a beautiful family, although I'd kick you in the nuts if you posted a pic of me drooling in the passenger seat on ridemonkey. :rofl: