Quantcast

dream band.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
so me and my roommates were thinking about who we would put in our dream band. i pretty much decided that mike patton would be great for vocals and travis barker would rock for a drummer with patton. i havent really narrowed down who else i would pick for the other slots.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
i can't stand mike patton.

totally overrated.

how do/did trevor dunn, john zorn and trey spruance put up w/ him?

I think he was pretty good with Mr. Bungle and Dillinger Escape Plan...but I like Dunn/Zorn/Spruance solo projects better these days.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So is this a "Fantasy Rock Band"? Do I have to join a league? How many points do I get for the lead singer exposing himself on stage?

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Minus Yngwie and that would be sick.
Yeah. He doesn't play well with others. On the G3 tours he was trying to outshine Joe and Steve Vai. You just don't do that. You don't even try.

On the other hand, Joe blends very well with the rest of the band on the Chickenfoot project. Personally, I think that takes a lot of humility on his part. Playing with Michael Anthony after years of playing with Stuart Hamm, Dave LaRue and Matt Bissonette must not be too...inspiring.

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
I saw Steve Vai play with Mike Mangini on drums, Tony MacAlpine on "support" guitar and Billy Sheehan on bass. They did some ridiculous guitar/bass riffs in unison that blows me away to this day.

Planet X was pretty hard to beat.
Derek Sherinian on keys
Tony MacAlpine on guitar
Virgil Donati on drums - I hate to say best drummer in the world, but if there ever was one, I would vote for Virgil
Doug Shreeve on bass

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
At the moment here's about the most trainwreck of a dream band I can think of:

Lemmy
Tony Iommi
Mark Mothersbaugh
Tony Royster Jr.

Backing vocals by Diamanda Galas