Quantcast

Dream Vacation??

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Don't really have a specific place in mind that I have always wanted to go to; it's more about what I'm doing. My two favorite vacations were to Colorado and NY/VT. In both, I drove to different places, camped for free/stayed with friends/slept in my car, hiked, biked (DH and XC), backpacked and swam for 2-3 weeks. The only thing I didn't like about either was that I went solo both times. Still fun and met some good people, but another person along with me would have been nice (not to mention a bit safer...). So, anywhere I could go at my own pace, not spend too much money and do all that stuff would be my ideal.

Also, since it was brought up earlier, I went to Tibet a bit ago for about 10 days (iirc; it was a trip around China and Tibet). Didn't do any trekking per se, just some short hikes. Saw some neat stuff, but it's a rough (and sometimes really weird) place to be. Harsh climate, potential travel restrictions/Chinese gov't issues and the altitude is killer. Didn't get alt sickness (others with me did), but sometimes felt dizzy, weak and occasionally had long headaches even at the end of the trip. Just the train we took there got over 16,000 ft at one point (first time I've seen oxygen hookups on a train...and I did use it for a bit).

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I've had a few...but I would like to have a few more...

I would really like to ski in the Andes when it is Summer in the northern hemisphere, do a Southeast Asia tour, trek the Himalayas, do a village to village trek in the Pyranese, wine tour in Burgundy, Yoga retreat in Jamaica, Pub tour in the British Isles, hut to hut xc ski tour in ANY mountain range.....I could go on & on...

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
That's tough. I've had a lot of dream vacations already and I feel very fortunate for that. Most likely it would be mountain biking somewhere in a country I haven't been to.